Alec looks at Demitri. "Go and find Felix."

Demitri nods as he studied Athens, and he walks out. Jane joins her brother's side as Athens walks up beside Caius.

"Wow," she whispers as she looks at the books.

Caius looks at her with curious eyes as Marcus walks over with a book.

"Here," Marcus says in his emotionless voice. "This is a history on the castle."

Athens's brown eyes light up, as does her face. "Really?"

Marcus sheds a small, and very rare, smile. "Yes."

Athens carefully puts the book onto the table, it being difficult because of the book's weight. She opens it and it's in ancient Italian and she smiles, glad she knows this language.

"You know ancient Italian?" Marcus asks as Athens reads with ease.

"Yes, sir," she responds as she looks at Caius. "What are you reading?"

Caius looks at her and he smiles. "Just vampire stuff."

"Oh."

Athens carries on with the book on the Volterra castle. Aro watches her in curiosity, his chin rested against his hand, elbow on the arm of his throne. Aro's crimson ares are curious as Sulpicia walks in. Her eyes find Caius now standing beside Athens, he is scanning the pages with her as Marcus takes a seat in his throne.

"I could get used to her being here," Marcus says to Aro and Sulpicia. "Didyme would have loved her."

"She would have, truly," Aro agrees as he studies Athens before sitting back. "Jane, go see what's keeping Felix and Demitri."

Jane nods and quickly leaves.

Caius looks up from the book and he looks at Athens's beautiful face. He could see the Italian and American both in her. Maybe Aro was right before Athens came into his life; maybe he was feeling a tad lonely, but Caius had lost all hope in finding a mate until he walked up to the beautiful Athens Ricci.

"Sorry we're late, sir," Felix says as he, Jane, and Demitri walk into the throne room. "There was trouble with the moon men."

"It's daylight...." Caius mutters and he looks at the guards. "Were they in the forests?"

"Yes, sir," Jane replies. "We got rid of them."

"And they'll be back," Alec mutters. "I should have went with you."

"I'm alive," Jane says. "If Felix and Demitri hadn't scared them off, I'd have been dead."

"Felix, can you give Athens the grand tour?" Aro asks as Athens walks away from the book, halfway finished. "Ahe'll be here.... A while."

"Of course, boss," Felix replies and he looks at the female. "Are you ready, Miss Ricci?"

Athens smiles amd she nods as she follows Felix out of the throne room.
*******

Caius eases himself back into his throne, feeling at ease. Aro looks back at the snow blonde and grins a little bit. Marcus remains silent and emotionless, thinking about Didyme, wondering how she was killed inside the castle.

Marcus casts a look toward Aro, he holds suspicion but won't say anything.

"I am turning in, brother," Marcus says as he stands slowly, clasping his hands in front of him. "I'll see you in the morning."
******

When Athens returns to the throne room, Caius is the only one who remained there. He is sat in his throne in some casual black pants and a crimson top that reveals his actual fit built with sleeves to the creases, right enough to show the slight bicep.