36

(Y/N POV)

Party rock is in the house tonight.

"I don't know what the hell you were thinking," Happy said, "but you're out of your mind."

A couple minutes earlier, everyone had been called into the living room for a 'family' meeting. Peter and May were sitting on the couch opposite me (Happy had called her in for this apparently), and Adaki was reclined into the chair next to them. None of them looked amused.

"I have a reason for this," I said defensively, "I promise."

"Promises aren't good enough," the man snapped back, "I understand you're almost turning 22 soon, but that doesn't give you the right to spontaneously endanger everyone here."

"Woah, hold on a second, I'm not endangering anyone. Besides, my dad threw one back in the day."

"And you saw how that ended up! You endanger your security, staff, and your family by letting the entire city into this tower."

I paced in front of them, my phone clutched in my hand. It only took a couple taps on my screen to officially invite the whole world here, but none of them seemed threatened by that.

"Y/N," Peter cut in, "why do you want to do this?"

"Because-"

I paused for a brief second in between my words. In that split moment, seemingly nothing to everyone in front of me, a million things ran through my head. I couldn't tell them the real reason, not yet, because it was too risky.

"Because I'm trying to honor my dad," I finished, "why not throw him a party for the entire world to join?"

"That's the stupidest thing I ever heard," Happy said, "and yes, I'm not holding back Y/N, I can call this whole thing stupid."

"Well it's not the entire world, actually."

"Then who is it?"

"Don't worry," I assured, "I have it all planned out."

_

E!NEWS

EXCLUSIVE CONTENT

Published by Simone Potter

Y/N Stark seems to be looking for a husband

Although the rumors about her relationship with Peter Parker, who is currently employed for Stark, have been circling around, Y/n has proved us wrong.

That's right, folks. The billionaire has put out the invitation list for her alleged party, and it shocked us all.

The only people eligible to apply for an invitation are men, 5'11 feet tall, and currently presiding in Manhattan.

It is uncertain why this is, but our best guess is that Stark is filming an episode of The Bachelor.

Stay tuned.

_

"Alright Ethan," I said, staring out my bedroom window, "you got it?"

"Yes, everything has been arranged."

"Perfect-"

I was cut off by the sound of the door sliding open. I turned around to see Peter standing in the doorway, a tired expression on his face.

"Hey Parker," I said, patting the part of the bed next to me, "come here."

He stumbled across the room and planted his face first into the bed. He looked exhausted.

"Are you looking for a husband?" he said miserably, his face smashed into the pillows.

"Excuse me?!"

I was taken aback, and I flopped onto my back next to him. The boy shoved his phone into my face, displaying a news article that had been published a couple minutes ago; dang, this boy was on top of things.

"Oh my god Peter, no. I am not looking for a husband."

"Why does that not make me feel any better?"

"I meant, I'm not throwing the party to meet men."

"Then why did you only invite men? I'm especially mad about the 5'11 part, am I 3 inches too short for you?"

I rolled my eyes, and snuggled into the crook of his arm. I desperately wanted to tell him the plan, but I couldn't trust anybody.

Well, not yet at least.

_

does anyone even read this book anymore?

I've noticed the demographics fall :(