32

Thank you to FLUFFYHOLLANDER  For the awesome name idea!

_

(Y/N POV)

Take me back.

"Are you serious about this?"

I shoved the helmet back into its casing, and turned to look at the man standing in the doorway. Happy had a worried expression on his face, and I knew it was because he thought I was being irrational.

"Yes," I cleared my throat, "I am. Or should I say, I am Iron Man."

"First off, you can't say that. Tony was Iron Man. You may live up to his life, but you can't take his name."

"Fine, any suggestions?"

"Iron Woman?"

"God no," I laughed, "nice try Happy, but that seems like I'm a walmart version. I'm looking for Gucci style out here."

Happy shook his head, chuckling under his breath. I shoved my hands into the pockets of my grey sweatpants, and skid across the tiled floor. Peter's head poked out from behind the door a couple seconds later, staring me down.

"What are we talking about here?" He asked, slipping past Happy.

"I'm trying to come up with a superhero name, ideas would be appreciated."

"How about..." he giggled, putting his hands on his hips, "the Tin-Man."

"Pete, come on," I rolled my eyes, amused, and punched him lightly on the shoulder, "that's already copyrighted by WoOZ."

He smiled softly, before looking me up and down. I flinched unknowingly, as he seemed to scan every inch of my body. His eyes lit up once something came to mind.

"How about Iron Legacy?"

Iron Legacy. it was so fitting to my personality, but still managed to say 'I'm Iron Man's Daughter'. It was perfect.

"I love it," I exclaimed, wrapping him into a hug, "thank you so much Parker."

"You're welcome," he beamed, before his eyes drooped, "actually, there's something I forgot to tell yo-"

"Can it wait till later?" I said quickly, brushing past him, "I've got to get started!"

"Y/N, it's important-"

I didn't hear him finish his sentence, because I was already running off towards the tech lab. I wasn't going to make changes to Mark 42, but I needed to make a suit of my own.

Let's say... a debut.

First time people see me out there, I want to look like my own person. But of course, I'll use M42 to honor my dad. I scrambled down the fire escape stairs, not bothering to use the elevator. My body was bursting with endorphins, inching to start working.

"Ethan, set up my blueprints please," I called out, panting as I ran down the steps.

"Of course Miss Stark, what shall I title the file?"

"Uh... Legacy BP."

"Completed. File is ready for transmission."

"Thanks Ethan."

But didn't Peter have something to say?

"Did he? I wasn't really pay-"

I stopped talking.

You weren't paying attention?

That wasn't Ethan. That wasn't Stan either. I recognized the voice, and it made my heart stop.

"What do you want," I said through gritted teeth, "how dare you talk to me."

I had stopped running, and I was paused on the stairs. I was a couple feet away from the lab door, but I didn't feel like going inside. I needed to get this straightened out first.

I want to make you bleed. I want to make Peter bleed.

"That's enough, I should have killed you back then."

Then why didn't you?

"Because of Peter," I spat out, "you killed him."

But you could have killed me instead, if you hadn't gone to save him.

"I don't see your point. Just get out of New York before I find you."

Peter's been in your way. You could have avenged your father, but you chose to go after Peter instead. You have potential, Stark, the boys only getting in your way.

"I'm warning you."

Think about what you could be.

"Beck, get out."

Or should I say, what you 'could've' been?

"LAST CHANCE."

I was angry. I felt like lashing out, but I knew it was useless. It would show him how weak I was, and it wouldn't matter; he wasn't here to begin with. It was just his voice calling out to me.

Suddenly it was quiet in the stairwell. Beck had listened to me, and had stopped. But I could still feel his lingering presence hovering around me. Or was it fear?

Who cares?

He's gone now.