29

(PETER POV)

She's here.

She wasn't safe. I knew she wasn't safe, and I could tell everyone else could by the sickening silence in the room.

"Don't tell me she's gone," I choked out, "say she's coming back, Hap.."

0"We'll find her," he said, but I knew he didn't know if he was right.

I'm so sick and tired of people always telling me it's okay, when obviously it's not. You're giving me false hope and that hurts more than the truth.

The back of my head started to ring, a feeling I hadn't felt in a while. It was as if an invisible string was tugging at my body, leading me outside.

"I have to get out of here," I fumbled, sprinting past everyone and into the hallway, "I have to get her back."

I heard shouting follow after me, and the groans of Loki as he shook his head, but I slammed the elevator button in anger.

"Peter you can't find her out there," Adaki said stopping in front of me, "you know she's somewhere else entirely."

"But what if she's not? I just have to make sure."

"Where would she be?"

"I don't know!" I spat out, "but I have this feeling she's out there. I can sense her."

"You can't sense someone who isn't on our earth!"

"I know! B-but I know she's here, and I can't explain it."

The elevator door slid open and all of us crammed inside. I guess they all wanted to see if I was right.. if I could actually feel her presence.

The ride down to the lobby was painstakingly slow, but the buzzing in my head was getting stronger. She was getting closer. I could feel the same beating in my heart that I constantly felt when I saw her.

But that wasn't my spider sense.

My heart could just tell she was here. It sounds so strange, but it's true. It's like that feeling you get when you hear the voice of someone you love, and you turn around and see them standing there.

The elevator bell rang, and I ran outside. I searched everywhere in the lobby, praying she was there. I could feel it! My spidey senses never lied to me before, and I'm sure they would never.

Adaki, Happy, and Loki followed slowly behind me. I could see the god shaking his head once he realized she wasn't there.

"What's your problem?" I said, strutting up to the man, inches from his face, "you lost her."

"The quantum realm did," Loki said, gritting his teeth, "I wouldn't expect a mortal like you to understand how space works."

"I do understand!" I yelled, "but wasn't there with her! You were supposed to protect her!"

"Said who? It was her choice to come with me, and it was her fault she ended up somewhere else."

I scowled. He didn't even care. This whole time he had been manipulating her for his own gain. Sickening.

"Get out," I spat out, "you don't deserve to be here."

"I do, actually. I'm the only one who saw her last."

I opened my mouth to defend myself, but I was cut off my a crash. Everyone's heads turned towards the sound, and we gaped at what we saw.

A stone had been thrown through the window, and glass shards were splayed all over the floor.

"What the-" Adaki said, stepping back.

Some of the glass still stuck on the widow started to tumble to the ground, as if someone was kicking it out of the way. As if she was kicking it out of the way.

"I knew it," I said, "she's here."

"Peter, no one's here but us!" Adaki said again, "I don't know what's going on, but she can't be here."

"No, it has to be," I said, watching the glass shards keep moving towards us.

I reached out, hoping to feel something. Was she invisible? I frowned, feeling nothing but air. Suddenly the elevator doors slid open, and I saw the button press.

"She's getting in the elevator!" I yelled, "follow me!"

I ran towards the door as fast as I could, stopping it from closing. The sides jutted open as I ran in, everyone else following in as well. We all stood in shock, as we saw the button press on its own.

"Y/N?" I said, "you there?"

There was no response.

She couldn't possibly have fit in the elevator with us, so there was only one other explanation.

She had to be connected to us through another universe.

_

this is wild guys

oof