33

(PETER POV)

Coming home.

My new room was great.

Minus the fact that now I was sharing a room with Y/N. That was even greater. I lugged my suitcase to my room, my fingers itching to get unpacked. I loved unpacking my stuff, it was fun.

Especially when you're moving into Y/N's room.

Okay fine! I'll stop!

My fingers felt around the luggage, and I tugged on the zipper to open it up. Popping open the lid, I frowned when I realized I had thrown everything in last minute. A pile of crumpled clothes and stuff rolled out over our bed, and I shook my head.

Messy Peter was no more. Only classy, neat, and stunning Peter shall exist.

As I started to fold everything up for the closet, I heard something bounce off the bed and tumble to the ground.

"Please don't be the camera!" I mumbled to myself, feeling my heartbeat quicken, "oh gosh..."

I dropped the midtown hoodie I had in my hand, and started looking around. A shiny glint caught my eye from underneath the bed, and I drew a breath of relief when I realized it wasn't the camera.

Lying on my side, I reached my arm underneath and pulled the token out.

"Damn," I mumbled, "there it is."

I dangled the keychain in my hand, remembering the time I had made it in Wakanda. Well, Shuri made it, but I designed it! I tapped the side of it twice, and watched as the photo of the three of us started to spin.

"We need to talk-"

The door slammed open, and Y/N came striding in, her cheeks red. I fumbled with the keychain, shoving it quickly into my pocket.

"Uh- Yeah, WhAt's going oN?" I stuttered, "is everything okay?"

"Nope," she exhaled, slumping on the bed face first, "I'm stupid for not telling you."

"Telling me ...what?"

I squeezed the keychain in my pocket nervously. Whenever she had that look on her face, something was wrong. I just hoped nothing was wrong between us. She glanced at the pile of clothes on the floor, and raised an eyebrow.

"I-is that going to be an everyday thing?" she asked.

"Oh! No, I was j-just unpacking," I said sheepishly, rubbing the back of my neck, "I want to keep this room neat for you."

"Oh. You're cute, Parker, I love you."

"I love you too," I beamed, feeling my face heat up. She could say that a thousand times a day, and it would still give me butterflies.

"Anyways," she said, changing the subject back, "I've been hearing his voice again."

"Your dads'?"

"No- not his. Becks."

Suddenly I remembered that day in Wakanda. The image of the caped figure flashed in my mind, and a chill went down my spine.

"Mysterio?" I said quickly.

"Yes, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Peter, I- I thought it wasn't going to be a problem and I-"

"Come here," I said, cutting her off. I stood up and crawled into the bed with her, wrapping her into a hug, "it's okay."

I felt her relax, the tension in her muscles gone, but her voice still seemed shaky, "But it's not! He's back and he said he wants- oh, Peter it's not okay at all!"

"He wants what?"

"He said h-he wanted to see you bleed. He wants to hurt you, and I can't let that happen.."

"It won't happen," I said softly, "not again."

My heart skipped a beat, thinking back to that moment in Prague. Falling seemed to take forever, especially when I thought it was the last time I'd be alive. Seeing her face for the last time hurt more than when my body hit the ground; my heart died with her.

I ran a hand through her hair, trying my best to calm her down. But now my head was going crazy, wondering if I really meant what I said when it wasn't going to happen again. I've told her so many promises, thinking I could keep them, but I end up breaking them.

Was it my fault everything was a mess?

You're hurting.

I know I am.

Wait, Beck?

I can feel your pain, Peter.

I looked at Y/N, who was still curled up in my arms. She had no idea he was in my mind, and if she knew she would be scared. I didn't want her to be.

Oh, but she already is. 

_

I'm back baby