She bites her bottom lip when guilt ate her heart seeing the sadness crossed his emerald eyes so, even though her brain's shouting at her to distance herself from Hermes, she did what her heart wants and for the first time after almost five years ago since she left the country, she felt satisfied and happy listening to her heart once again.

She reached for Hermes' hand and held it tight as she slightly squeezed it before giving him a small smile and when his eyes widens as it was filled by mixed shock and happiness. Ilang segundo pang nawala ang ngiti nitong pinaparisan kanina ng malulungkot nitong mga mata bago iyon napalitan ng malapad na ngiti na halos ikapikit ng mga mata nito.

Jane chuckled softly and genuinely shocking Hermes even more that his wide smile turned into sweet and soft chuckle.

She hates to admit but yeah, she can't deny that he does really change... Change from worst to better.

***

GUSTONG-gusto na n'yang bumalik sa piling ni Hermes, at gusting-gusto na din n'yang kutusan ang sarili dahil sa karupukan. Nag-lunch din sila kanina at naramdaman n'yang natunaw ang galit n'ya para dito sa mga matatamis at gwapong-gwapong ngiting binibigay nito sa kan'ya.

She doesn't know why but it feels somehow right, finally right now. That she did the right thing smiling at him and squeezing his hand. Because that made her happy too, seeing his eyes twinkling in happiness and smiling without forcing himself.

Ang totoo ay ayaw na din sana n'yang umalis dahil alam naman n'yang gusto lang nitong patunayan na nagbago na ito at hindi na ito control freak na gaya ng dati kaya gusto nitong may oras s'ya para sa sarili n'ya, but she needs to go out and handle her business here in the Philippines, she needs to see if her restaurant is just fine just like how the manager describes it.

Jane was waiting for a cab to stop by that could drive her back at Hermes' house when her phone beeped.

She frowned and reached her phone inside her purse bag and the moment her eyes fell on the photo sent by an unregistered number she feels like all her blood went to her head.

As she forgets the short time of happiness she felt when she saw him smile at her. Her heart breaks as long as she stared at the photo.

It was Hermes. With the same woman she caught him kissing on the hospital. On the same bed, she couldn't see because they are covered by a comforter but she can say that the two are both naked. And their lips were connected. Kissing each other nastily.

Her grip on her phone tightens as a bitter smirk appeared on her lips.

No, she did not do the right thing at all. She should have listened to her brain and not to her heart at the first place because listening on her heart only leads on unbearable emotional and mentally pain.

"You love the pain, right? Enjoy it stupid." She mumbled and talked to herself as a lone tear rolled down her cheek.

***

HERMES Stared at the calendar. Almost a week already passed and he solemnly see that Jane is responding on his sweet actions, responding on how the way he makes her see the changes he had for almost five years she was gone. Like all of his efforts are not affecting her at all. He only has three weeks more to change her decision from annulling him, at wala pa s'yang nakikitang reaksyon mula dito para pakalmahin ang takot sa dibdib n'ya.

Tatlong linggo na lang at paghindi n'ya ito nakumbinsi na manatili sa tabi n'ya kahit napakita n'ya na ditong nagbago na talaga s'ya ay alam n'yang wala na s'yang magagawa kung 'di pakawalan ito kahit gaano pa iyon kasakit para sa kan'ya.

Noong unang araw n'yang ilabas ito kasama s'ya, she stunned him with her soft small smile and when she reached his hand to squeezed it, she continued showing him sweet and approaching gestures well until they finished their lunch date, but after that lunch date and he let her go whenever she wants, alone, and when she went home, she went back being cold also.

And since that day, she's only smiling when they are in public, but when they are alone, she won't even take a glance at him like she actually disgusts him.

He's afraid to admit to himself that maybe her love for him is now really gone. Na napipilitan lang itong manatili sa kan'ya dahil sa awang nararamdaman nito para sa kan'ya. He doesn't want to bury and torture himself with painful thoughts, pero ang bagay na lang na iyon ang tanging naiisip n'yang dahilan kung bakit parang hangin na lang s'ya kay Jane na pinipilit nitong makita.

He pouted his lips as he felt his eyes heating up with warm tears. He'd been a cry-baby since he met Jane and this is what his dad predicted.

My boy, you wouldn't know that you are loving until you felt like crying just by a painful thought of her. When that day comes, I will be finally seeing my son's vulnerable side.

Lumaki s'yang hindi mahilig magpakita ng tunay na nararamdaman, he is used hiding what he truly feels behind his emotionless mask, and it is so funny how did his dad's words really happening to him now.

Sumandal s'ya sa malambot na sandalan ng mahabang sofa saka bumaba ang mga mata n'ya sa orasang pambisig bago s'ya napakagat ng pang-ibabang labi n'ya ng makitang mag-aalos dose na ng gabi at wala pa din si Jane.

Feeling like someone is gripping his heart, he took out his phone from his jeans' pocket to call the couple he knows will help him calm himself down.

In just two rings, that someone answered the call and when he heard that baritone voice on the other line, for the first time in his life since he was born, nagsusumbong at umiiyak n'yang kwinento lahat ng nangyari sa kan'ya sa ama't inang nasa Santorini, Greece.

He never opened at them until now, until someone broke the wall he built around his heart.

"O gios mou..." My son... his heart filled with longing when he heard his father called him my son as he felt the urge to cry even more.

He heard his father sigh. "I'm not saying that what you did is right and the pain you are dealing with right now is what you deserve because everyone makes mistakes and become stupider when they fall in love but if you stay like that and face your pain with fear. It is already your fault; why you are still in pain. Do something. Court her. Date her, and when she did not fell in your hands doing those things..."

"Do the Montegara style. Seduce her with additional spice."

"Rawr." He heard his mother commented on the other line.

___

THENAUGHTYGRAY