CHAPTER-20

Luring the cold Hearted Billionaire

"I was like a wild harsh flowing river and she was... She was in her boat trying to go against my flow, to see and to be in what's in the end of that fast and harsh flowing river." Hermes' body automatically relaxed when Jane's gorgeous face appeared on his mind. "And by going against my strong current, I ended up hurting her."

"Can you tell me what's in the end of that river?"

He gulped as he nodded his head with his eyes closed. "Me... The version of myself I look down at before, someone who's in love and weak..."

"Do you still see that version of you as someone who is weak?"

Hermes shook his head. "No... I realized, love can make someone very powerful, yes it has its own sets of weakness, but someone who is capable of loving is someone who is very powerful..."

"... I regret being that wild river to hide that version of me, because I hurt her, it was my fault."

"She chose to hurt herself by continuing to go against your flow and as she tries harder, she hurts herself more and you; you thought you we're saving yourself from the pain by continuing to flow harder that you didn't realize as the current become stronger and stronger the minerals in your river are slowly being dragged by the flow to, unti-unti kang nauubos, unti-unti kang humihina, at unti-unti mong nasasaktan ang sarili mo."

"I admit I was foolish by choosing to hurt her instead of communicating and trying to vocalize my hellish thoughts. That was something I admit is really foolish action, and something that I can't take back anymore."

Bumaling siya sa kausap nang idilat niya ang kanina pang nakapikit niyang mga mata, his psychiatrist: his doctor-psychiatrist friend, Axel. Axel nodded his head at him as he turned his back at him to walk towards his office table inside his office.

"You're doing great admitting your mistakes now, Hermes. Now we should practice how you will feel free enough to vocalize your thoughts and feelings, in that way you will avoid hurting people by misunderstanding and miscommunications. Let's start by a question, how do you feel about this situation, her; asking you for a year of space."

His green eyes lost its life as sadness slowly crawled inside his veins, consuming his whole system. He took a long deep breath as he composed himself to answer Axel's question.

***

YOU will only know what is the true meaning of pain when you loved someone more than you love yourself.

Pain is right there to remind you; that you really loving someone because it's not painful if it wasn't love. Pain is there to remind you the worth of that person you're slowly losing, losing because of selfishness you've done, losing because you hurt them in any way they don't deserve. It is there to remind you of what have, what you are worth of, and to remind you that you are just a human, that you are not numb.

Pain is right there to wake you up from hurting that person you love, wake you up to let you know that just like you she/he feeling the same pain you are feeling at the moment, that she's hurting too just like you do or the other way around, pain is there to wake you up from being fool, from letting people hurt you countless time, pain is there to say "Hey, stop being fool, wake up to reality!"

Pain is there to wake you up from your selfishness or selflessness and make you realize the real worth of that person you're loving or to realize your own worth, wake you up so you could have a chance to change yourself for the better, for the person you love and for yourself.

There is different kinds of pain, when we were just kids; pain for us was a simple wound or when our parents did not buy us food and toys we wanted, pain when we were teenagers was what we thought true love is; the what so called puppy love, or when our parents did not let us go out with our friends, and pain as an adult is to face the problems of adulthood and the last pain that would make you realize such things is the pain that love brought.