CHAPTER-24

Luring the cold Hearted Billionaire

Ilang beses na bang sinubukan ni Jane iwan s'ya sa loob ng isang linggo? Hindi na n'ya alam. Basta ang tanging alam ni Hermes ay hinding-hindi s'ya magsasawang ngumiti dito, hinding-hindi siya magsasawang ibalik ang matatamis nangiting ibinigay nito sa kaniya noon, mapapilit man ang mga ngiting 'yon o natural.

He is the reason why she acts like that towards him and he need to deal with it in the very nice way so she won't going to be much more determined to leave him again.

It hurts. It always hurts every time she mentions that, Jake; every time they'll argue, but he needs to deal with that pain because first of all he was the one who hurt her first: to made her act this way around him.

Hermes blows out a shaky breath after washing his face. He stared at his reflection as he took a deep breath and blows it out again. His emerald eyes were lifeless as usual, he practiced his smile until that smile turned into pitiful smile. Feeling pity towards himself.

He erased that pitiful smile immediately. Wala siyang karapatan kaawaan ang sarili niya, because he isn't pitiful, siya ang dahilan kung bakit nararanasan niya ang ganitong sakit ngayon, kaya wala siyang karapatang maawa sa sarili niya.

He looked up at the ceiling and swallowed hard, if... if maybe he didn't suffer that trauma when he was a kid, maybe he won't grow up like this... If only he could remember what happened that night, maybe he had moved on from it since before... Maybe he didn't hurt Jane.

He shook his head. His mental condition isn't an excuse to hurt someone, it is his fault, really.

He chuckled coldly and dropped himself on the tiled floor of the bathroom inside the guest room where he was sleeping since the day Jane went back home— no he means- the day since he dragged her back into his arms, unconscious.

Malaking parte n'ya ang gustong maawa sa sarili dahil simula ng makilala n'ya si Jane alam n'yang hindi talaga para sa kan'ya ang babae at pinilit n'ya lang ang sarili dito, but he also knew that it is his fault why he was in this kind of painful and heart-breaking situation.

Siya ang naglagay ng sarili n'ya sa ganoong sitwasyon at wala s'yang karapatan kaawaan ang sarili. He fooled her instead of telling her the truth because of his cowardice. He fooled her and caused her too much pain when he should do the other way around so that she can love him as him and not with the thought of him as the man she thought he is. When he was not.

It is all his fault since day one. He was the one who dragged Jane into this pain when she shouldn't be feeling that pain in the beginning, when she should be inside Tyler's arms and not his.

He doesn't have the rights to pity himself, he doesn't have the rights to get tired because of pain. He did not deserve those, because he is the one who made himself suffer this pain.

Walang buhay ang mga matang sinandal n'ya ang likod sa malamig na pader ng banyo saka nanginginig ang mga labing napatawa s'ya ng mapaklang muli.

Maybe he did not really change. Because if he did, he will not do the same thing he did years ago, forcing Jane to see him when her eyes were on other man's, forcing her to the point that he is hurting her.

***

NAPAHINTO si Jane sa pagbaba mula sa hagdan papuntang sala ng makita n'yang bukas na ang pinto ng malaki at halatang malaki din ang ginastos na mansyon.

Since the day she woke up in this place. The doors and every way out of this luxurious and wide mansion were all locked from the outside. Restraining her from leaving.

Kunot noo n'yang pinagpatuloy ang pagbaba at naglakad patungo sa bukas na pinto, but her feet automatically stopped when her eyes landed on her phone over the wide center table.