A True Maliden: Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

"Get your filthy hands away from me!" Urwin's face was red as he slapped his brother's palm away.

Owen's pig began to nibble the middle brother's boot. He ran away while squealing, but unfortunately, (and quite terrifyingly), the animal followed with him.

"Just stand still Rowin he thinks you want to play tag! Very playful bugger he is, " Owen said while the monkey climbed upon his shoulder.

"OWEN! STOP THIS DISGUSTING RETARDED MONSTER FROM CHASING ME!" Rowin screamed as he ran upstairs.

"Actually! Fun fact! Pigs are highly social and intelligent creatures! And also! Fact-- they are one of the cleanest domestic animals!" Owen pointed out happily. "Also! Fact--"

"OWEN SHUT UP AND HELP MY BROTHER!" Urwin yelled, carefully standing.

"Right'O!" Owen nodded and called for his pig. "Here, here, Skittles! Here, here!"

The beast came running back with the middle brother's boot. And the aunt looked at him and laughed.

"Owen, " She began through her chuckles. "Must you cause so much mayhem early in the morning?" She joked.

"Aunt Julie, " Owen smiled as she came to embrace him.

Owen and his aunt got along quite well. Unlike the brothers, their relationship was like none other.

"I have to leave, curly, " she told him.

"Okay! I'll retrieve my bags, " Owen said.

"Your bags?"

"Yeah! I'm coming with you to Australia!"

"Owen no, " she stopped him.

"Please aunt Julie. . . I can make money by selling my art, and lemon could perform for people, " he pointed at his monkey. "A-and I've been teaching Skittles how to catch! Watch--"

Owen reached into the pockets of his baggy pants and pulled out a red ball. He thew it across the hall, and it fell to the floor, rolling. "Go on Skittles! Fetch the ball! Go on!" But the pig stayed still. "It's a work in progress. He does better with food."

"Maybe you should sell the pig and monkey for money, " Urwin told him while crossing his arms. "And use it to get new clothes."

"Owen you can't come with me. You belong here, " aunt Julie told him.

"You're wrong. . ." Owen spoke.

"Yes. . .This is your place. I don't want to fight about this again, please."

"No! Please do take him!" Rowin shouted from the stairs.

"Hey! You guys be nice to each other!" The aunt yelled, then turned soft. "Listen, Owen, maybe one day I'll take you with me, but not today. Perhaps I'll buy you an iguana the next time I visit to make up for it. I know you've been wanting one."

Owen sighed, he felt defeated. "Well alright."

The aunt embraced him again, for a longer hug this time. "Keep drawing Owen, " she said to him, but Owen just sighed and hugged her back. And he watched as she ruffled his curly blond, walking out of the manor with luggage in hand. Owen didn't quite realize just how long she would be gone for. A year? Maybe two?