A Serious Situation: Seven

WALTER

Walter coughed, spewing blood onto his lap. His mouth tasted of iron and his face ached with bruises. He groaned in pain as the lady lifted his chin.

"My friends will be here any moment now. Maybe they'll spare you if you tell me where Sterling is, " the lady said. Her black hair smelled of strong hair spray and sweat.

"I-i told you. . . He never came with me. . ."

"Cars don't drive themselves. . . Beckett, was it?" She smiled as he cocked his head away from her hand.

"You don't know me. . . " Walter hissed with bared teeth.

"I do know you're Lance's sidekick. His smart little partner, " she said while waving a gun near his face. "And if Sterling was never there, then who was it that you were speaking to?" She held up his bud he had around his ear.

Walter spat more blood onto the private room's carpet; he could feel his wrists bruising from the tight rope. "What do you want exactly?"

"Lance Sterling, " she said. "And it would be so much easier for you if you would just simply tell us. I don't want to ruin that adorable face any more than I've already have."

"It doesn't have to be like this. . . We could work something out, "

"Unfortunately Beckett, I'm not the boss. If it was up to me i would totally do a sexual exchange with you but that would get me into a lot of trouble. I'm just doing my job."

"I would deny either way," Walter spat bitterly.

"Guess they'll kill you then," she uttered as she glanced at her radar.

"Look, just let me talk to your boss. I-if you guys don't let me go then there is a possibility that this whole city might blow--"

"Patience Beckett, " she interrupted. "They'll be here shortly, I'll be out. Stay here. (Not like you can move anyway)." She left, turning a sign on the door to 'do not disturb' before getting herself a drink from the bar.

"IDIOT!" Walter yelled, wiping the few tears from his cheeks with his shoulder. 'Stay cool Beckett, what did Lance teach you? Don't show them that you're scared.' He thought to himself. He clenched the rope in his hand and attempted to struggle free.

'Show them no weakness.'

(Y/N)