wait, what?

"y-you're not?" maybe it was always his mind that had jeongguk thinking taehyung was always angry with him. his aura was like that, hard and mean and stately. if he wasn't angry then what ever could he be?

"no." the older huffed, a small frown on his perfect face.

"o-okay it just seemed like you were-"

"i'm never mad at you."

he what-

when was taehyung ever not mad at him, his grumpy aura screamed 'fuck off' in every language possible and the smaller boy was very good at steering clear of his cold, cruel personality, preferring not to be around him than risking his neck.

"okay." he squeaked. damnit, he had to get a grip with his stutter. it was strange, he never stuttered with anyone else really, just... taehyung.

that was besides the point.

jeongguk felt like he was trespassing on forbidden territory, like he'd just opened the door to some realm that he wasn't supposed to step foot into. and he had. he'd unlocked a part of the older that he knew that not many people knew about. was he afraid? yes, he was shitting his fucking pants at the thought.

"but if you tell anyone," the taller growled deeply, bringing his face towards jeongguk's own petrified one. "and i mean anyone, that you saw this... then you're dead meat." he spat.

"o-okay." he cried, voice trembling, jesus taehyung was so scary when he was angry! jeongguk's heart thumped loudly in his chest, his blood roaring through his head as he took a tiny step back, cowering beneath his deadly gaze.

he was expecting him to shout again, to bellow at him or something so he shut his eyes, anticipating the worst of it all... but it never arrived. jeongguk opened his eye to take a tentative peek up at him.

his face should have been scrunched up with anger, flaming red with creases on his forehead and beads of sweat on his hairline but... nothing. in fact, his expression had... softened.

what in the world-

"sorry, it's just that..."taehyung trailed off, shoving his hands into his trouser pockets. taehyung never really wore his uniform properly. his tie was always loose, shirt untucked, rarely wore his blazer. sometimes, jeongguk even accidentally saw him smoking all alone by the bins next to the carpark from where he'd sit in his maths class. "i don't tell people about these kind of things."

taehyung was... strange.

singing? oh yes, jeongguk understood why. no one would really understand, they'd think wow, why is this dude singing? he's supposed to be on the swim team, he was supposed to be an athlete, a bad boy, a highschool dropout- it so doesn't fit with his vibe; yada yada all that cliche movie stick-to-the-status-quo sort of stuff.

jeongguk didn't like all of that, he believed in doing what you loved no matter what people ever thought of you or however they judged you, you made your own decisions and if people didn't accept you, you paid no heed, you simply carried on. they weren't in control of your life. you were.

"it's okay," the tiny boy gulped, eyeing taehyung suspiciously. there was a glint in his eye that he couldn't quite understand, something rather.. different. he'd never seen it before on him, he'd seen it elsewhere but on taehyung it looked so peculiar, foreign. he didn't think he was so capable of those sudden emotions. whatever 'emotion' it was.

"i hope you understand." a frown settled on his perfect red lips, he furrowed his brows further as he ran a god-crafted hand through his flowing silver locks, jeongguk tired not to pay much attention but couldn't help but stare at his perfect face. goodness, it'd be a whole lot easier to hate him if he didn't have a face like that.

a face like what? stop it, gguk, you're getting far too distracted.

the small boy cleared his throat.

"of course i do, your secret is safe with me." he replied quietly, shuffling his shoe about the floor nervously.

he kind of felt sorry for the guy.

but then.. he didn't.

why did he always have to be the one to compromise?

since when did jeon jeongguk cower from peer pressure? (well, since forever actually by that was besides the damn point!)

since when did jeongguk just submit like that?! no, he might be small but he was definitely fiesty and he was going to stand his ground. he had everything to fight for against this.. this.. bully!!

besides, he could use this as blackmail against taehyung- payback for three whole years of disturbance.

this was brilliant.

"on one condition." jeongguk narrowed his eyes at the older boy, crossing his arms on his chest as he leaned against the wall and smirked at the shift in taehyung's features, the surprise that flickered in his ebony irises.

"and what's that?" taehyung too, narrowed his eyes. the younger was certain that he wouldn't like this. he'd hate it, despise it with his whole heart.

"you volunteer with me at the library." jeongguk smiled slyly.

"every tuesday night."

_________________

see u in another six months 😎

HDFJKF I'm kidding lmaooooo i love you guys I can't believe I updated wth