~ 14 ~

Breakfast was not particularly interesting

Breakfast was not particularly interesting. The boys stayed quiet, most of them severely hungover. Katy had been hungover too. Only Alex, Mom and I were able to function at a somewhat normal level which is why we were the ones in charge of serving breakfast.

The boys ate breakfast at our house because that had been something we always did. Ever since my dad died, my mom hated how empty the house had been and invited the Andersons over every day. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson worked on most days, trying to provide for their family, pay bills and pay a number of tuitions while also saving for college.

They were never home which is why I've felt so close to the boys. They practically lived with us and we bickered like family too.

After breakfast, I ended up going to the Oceanblue Diner where I had plans to meet with my friends for drinks. There was a parking spot open right next to Amanda's car when I got there and that's where I parked my car. Of course, Amanda would be the first to get here. For once, I thought I might be a little early but she appeared to have the same idea. Good, I needed to talk to her anyway.

"Hey," I greeted her once I walked inside and saw her sitting at the table on the terrace. She was alone. Her blonde hair was styled into a messy bun and she wore a pastel yellow tank top, paired with a patterned skirt.

"Hi, Jessie. You're here early," she said in surprise.

I gave her a look. "So are you."

She smiled and looked at the ocean. "I wanted to enjoy the view for a little bit."

I sat down across from her and put down my purse while undoing my jacket. "Want to give me the latest while we're alone?"

A puzzled look formed on her face as she tried to decipher what I was hinting at. "Dan told you, didn't he?"

"I don't know why you didn't tell me yourself," I pointed out. "I've been waiting for you to spill the beans."

"I'm sorry," she said as I draped the jacket over the back of my chair. "I wanted to tell you in person but it was never the right time. You were always with someone."

"I know. These last few days have been all over the place. I really missed you," I confessed.

"I missed you too," she spoke softly. "Now let me tell you everything that's happened."

Amanda filled in me in on her first date with Ashton. The two of them went to the cinema yesterday to watch the latest rom-com titled Fallin' Love, starring Ryder Coleman.

She told me about Ashton being the perfect gentleman, coming to pick her up and paying for everything. She giggled when she mentioned that he held her hand, their fingers intertwining. When she told me about him kissing her goodnight, she was elated.

I hadn't seen my bestie this happy in a long time and I was here for it. Even if it was a little bit weird that the two of them decided to stop being platonic. I wonder how Dan felt about the entire thing.