Prologue

It was a bright, sunny day when I was born. My parents looked at the light streaming through the window onto my face and exclaimed "The Sun has blessed her! We will call her Angel, so she will always be blessed!"

That was the lame story behind my name, Angel Ever. But wait- it gets better. My parents decided to put a middle name, called For. String my name together, and you get Angel For Ever.

I think my parents really had a lot of fun naming me. Growing up, though, Angel For Ever didn't have so much fun. I received so many stares and questioning looks for my name that getting stared at became second nature to me.

The irony, of course, is that I grew up to become not an angel, but rather more like a devil. I mean- my job requires that. My job requires tricking people, and capitalising on their feelings. And I also know my job requires someone like me. I am perfect for the job, and no one can tell me otherwise because everyone knows it's true.

Before you judge me, I should try to justify my job, right? Well, news flash: I don't really care what you think about my occupation. I don't care what anyone thinks.

Now that introductions have been made, I know everyone here wants to know what Angel For Ever does as her job. Read on, then. But if you're shocked, if you think I'm a terrible excuse of a human being...remember this: I'm an angel, and you can't touch me.

Readers: This is a new story I'm doing for a novella contest. I've never tried this before, but I want to, so here it is. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I liked writing it. The spelling is British spelling. Thank you! Also I suck at summaries for books. Sorry about that.

thank you to AlmostSamy for the nice covers you made!