Chapter 3 - The First Day

WARNING! THIS IS JUST A ROUGH DRAFT AND MAY HAVE LITTLE DETAIL AND OCCASIONAL MISSPELLINGS AND GRAMMAR ERRORS!

Recap: It had a plain red leash and collar. there was a tiny envelope in there too. I opened it and it had a blue bone shaped tag that said "Bear" on one side, and my cell phone number on the other side.

Awesome.

"Bear!" I called and almost instantly I heard his paws race over to me. "Hey, buddy!" I say as he jumps onto my lap. His tail is going berserk. I slipped the collar over his head and observed him. He gave be a high pitched bark of approval. For once in a long time. I felt my heart swell with joy. Yep. That's my strange dog

ʈori ʝames

I felt my blood pumping as my feat hit the ground; roughly pushing myself forward into a sprint. I could hear my heart beating in my ears, and feel my sweat dripping down my neck.

I was in a forest. With him. He's found me.

I felt more sweat on my face. I'm actually not sure if it's sweat or tears.

I opened my mouth to scream, but felt nothing come out. Like my vocal cords were ripped out.

I turned around and didn't see anything. Not even the trees. It's too dark, but where's the moon?

My eyes go around searching for anything. Something to show I was still alive. I felt my toes tingle in anxiety. I saw something from the corner of my eye. I slowly, and cautiously turn on my heels. As I turned around he was right there.

Inches away from my face. He had a murderous look on his face. I did nothing. I couldn't do anything. I just stood there, and memorized his face. The face that was there for my childhood. The face that haunts my every dream. The face that was slowly turning into a smile.

I jumped up in a cold sweat. I felt a scream coming up, but held it back. Just like every other night. This was a new one though.

In this dream I actually saw him. I felt a sob replace the scream I swallowed, and I fell back on my bed again. I felt something wiggle by my feet and saw Bear waking up.

He was too tired to fully stand up, so he crawled to me. He came up to my face a licked my nose.

I felt more tears fall down my face. I grabbed him and pulled him to my chest and sat there for a while. It felt good to finally have someone here for me.

Why Me? I don't get it. Out of all the people to have such a screwed up life, why me? I know I'm not the best kid, but not even the worst should deserve such a messed up life.

With these thoughts in my head and bear in my arms, I felt my eyes drift close back to a slumber.

I once again wake up in a cold sweat. Fortunately, this time I don't remember my dream. I look over and glance at my clock.

It says 9:13 in bright green, contrasting against the black making it stick out more. I yawn and stretch, earning a few "pops" from random joints.

I look beside me and see Bear coping my movements. I pat his head and hopped out of bed.

I hear a rumble from my stomach. I'm starved. I didn't eat a lot last night, like I usually did. I opened my bedroom door and began my journey to the kitchen.

Pancakes sound good. And bacon. And eggs. Dang, I think I know why my moms broke now. Besides laying off the food would be a good decision.

At those thoughts laughter boomed out of my mouth, as I doubled over in a fit. First of all, when do I make good decisions? And second of all, I will never lay off the food, but one problem about the food is that I had no idea how to cook. I probably could cook, but I'm so lazy I just decide not to.