Chapter 22: The Incident

Narrator Point of View

"Mom..please don't go. Don't leave me. What am I going to do without you?"

"Mom..please!! Don't go!"

Y/N awoke in a start.

"Y/N!" she hears a reassuring voice.
Jungkook's arms were around her. They were still on the ferris wheel.

"Y/N..you're crying.." he says softly.

She touched her tear-stained cheek. She quickly wiped away her tears.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I must've fallen asleep.." Y/N says.

"Yeah..you did."

"It's so scary to fall asleep now. Every dream is a nightmare. I wish the nightmares would just go away. Sleep is where you're supposed to escape the horrible reality, but I have nowhere to go now.." Y/N says sadly.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I truly am.."
"If only I knew what you were going through..I want to help you." Jungkook sympathizes.

"Don't worry, Kook. Don't feel pity for me. I'll be okay.." Y/N says and half-smiles.

Jungkook smiles back softly. He was still concerned, but he continued to hold her until the ride was over.

...

"FINALLY."

Jungkook and Y/N exited the ride to see an impatient BTS and Nayeon.

"Did you guys decide to get married and travel across the country after you rode the ride?!" Jin yells sarcastically.
I should've never let them go on that damn Ferris Wheel." he complained.

Taehyung rolls his eyes.
"What Jin-hyung means is that..are you guys okay?"

"Yeah..we're fine. I think the Ferris Wheel just got stuck. " Jungkook says.

"How was the view up there? Ethereal, I bet." Tae asks and smiles.

"It was great.." Y/N says quietly.

Jimin looks at Y/N in concern, he could tell something was wrong with his sister. He gave her a look but she avoided his eye contact. That alone was an answer for him.

"Everyone finally ready to head back to the cabin?" Taehyung asks and yawns.

Everyone nodded and sighed in relief., as they all started walking back to the bus..

**At the Cabin**

Everyone had showered, changed into comfortable sleepwear and met up in the living room.
They sat in a circle next to the warm fireplace, sipping on hot coco while happily munching on freshly baked sugar cookies.

Y/N decided to stay back in her room, she could hear
laughter coming from the living room. She slightly smiled, the only thing that made her happy was seeing her loved ones happy.
Suddenly, the door connecting the her and Nayeon's room and Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook's room opens.

Y/N looks back.

"Y/N..let's talk."

...

"Jimin?"

Jimin closes the door and goes and sits next to Y/N on the bed.

"What's there to talk about?" Y/N asks.
Jimin sighs and looks up at his sister solemnly.

"Y/N- ah. I know about the nightmares you've been having, how they've affected you. I can't stand it. I don't want to see you hurting like this, waking up in a cold sweat every time. So I really just need you to tell me what's going on." Jimin explains.