Chapter 18: Love Maze

Jungkook's Point of View

The next few days were a blur. Y/N and I particularly spent a lot of time together to work on our project.
We presented tomorrow.
We often went to her house, but today, we decided to do it at mine.
Spending a lot of time with her brought me to the realization that she was actually fun to be around.
I loved seeing her laugh, she would just make jokes to herself, then burst out laughing. It made me want to laugh, too.

*ding dong

"Jungkook-Ah, could you get the door?" My mom called from the kitchen.

I stood up from the couch and speed-walked to the front door. I opened it to reveal who other than the spontaneous Y/N, standing there with a bright smile.

"Ah, Park Y/N." I said.

"Ah, Jeon Jungkook." She said back with a smile.

"Come on in." I told her and signaled her to come inside.

"Who's at the front door, Jungkook?" My mom asked  from afar.

Y/N stepped to the kitchen shyly.

"Ah! And is this my future daughter-in-law?" My mom asks excitedly and wiped her hands on her apron.

"Mom.." I groaned.

"Hi, Mrs. Jeon.." Y/N says shyly.

"Wait a minute, let me take a closer look at you.." My mom smiles and examines Y/N more carefully.

"I recognize that adorable face..Y/N?" My mom says and I looked at her in confusion.

Y/N nods and smiles.
"It's nice to see you again, Mrs. Jeon."

I didn't understand.
How did Y/N and my mom know each other?

"Oh, look how you've grown! You're gorgeous now! I remember you being this short, and look at you now!" My mom excitedly pointed out. She pulled Y/N into a big hug.

I stood there blank-faced. I couldn't understand.

"How do you know Y/N, Mom?" I asked.

"Oh, her mom was my best friend! I've known Y/N since she was a little baby. As a matter of fact, I was there the day you were born, Y/N-Ah. You were born just a few minutes after Jungkookie. I remember carrying him to you. You two held hands! It was adorable." My mom recalled the memories.

Now, I was really confused.

"So Y/N and I have known each other since the day we were born?" I said in shock.

My mom nods. "And you were friends with Jimin, too. But you two weren't as close as you and Y/N. You probably forgot all about it after the accident.." My mom explained.

Now, I understood. When I was younger, around five years old, I got into a car accident and was in a coma for five weeks. I couldn't remember anything after that. I couldn't believe that I've known Y/N and Jimin way longer than I thought I did.

I was angry at my mom for never telling me, I could've known Y/N for so much more longer than I thought.

"I always knew you two would end up together." My mom said and smiled.

"No, Mom!" I yelled.

"No, Mrs. Jeon. I'm actually here to work with Jungkook on our project." Y/N explained.

"Awe, darn. I still think it's gonna happen. It just takes some time. " My mom winked and smiled.

"Actually, Mrs. Jeon, could I have a word with you privately?" Y/N asked, which sparked my curiosity even more.
Why the hell would she have to speak to my mom alone? This whole situation is so strange.