Chapter 3: A Rescue from the King

Lord Remingham was the most boring man in the entire world. Katherine had decided this after she had used him to evade both Brandon and Knivert. However this backfired since all Remingham wanted to speak about was himself and the large estate the king had endowed upon him. They where currently standing against a wall, Katherine clutched a silver goblet to her chest nodding along to whatever he was rambling about, wishing it would come to an end. She soon felt his fingers drag along her neck and collarbone twirling a strand of her hair.

"My lord I would appreciate if you would stop" Kat says in a bored tone, fluttering her green eyes up to meet his drunken stare. Lightly moving her head back so her hair fell out of his grip.

"What my lady? I thought this is what you wanted" He whispers hotly in her ear and moved closer, causing her hands to come up and gently press against his chest.  

"I believe you have misread the situation" She says her tone becoming sharper while still keeping to the rules her father set for her. 'You must behave at court Kat, This isn't Scotland. You must keep that temper of yours at bay and treat all men like they are kings' Lord Macbeth's words ring through her head.

"You have spent all night pushing yourself into me, and making sure I notice all of your assets. You have been a total fucking tease" Lord Remingham snaps and grips her wrists tightly causing the goblet to fall with a clatter.

"I-" Katherine starts, shocked by how quickly this man changed for boring to dangerous. Her eyes darting around for help from someone, anyone at all. Suddenly a pair of lips is pushed roughly into her own, her blood ran cold as she struggles to get him off. Kat desperately tried to push his hands from her body as he continues to assault her lips and and neck. "Please...My Lord stop" 

"Shut up whore" He whispers darkly, ignoring her pleadings as his hands travel down to her skirts. The rest of his body pinning her against the cold stone, It was astonishing that no one had noticed her distress, especially in a court where all eyes where on everybody.

"LORD REMINGHAM" A booming voice echoes through the hall. One that could only be recognized as King Henry's. Immediately Remingham pulls back and turns with a bow, Katherine is stunned but curtsy's anyway, her chest and cheeks flushed, tears being pushed back. The room was completely silent and thick tension filled the air.

"Your majesty" Remingham says with fake grander and Katherine stays silent staring at her shoes.

"What exactly where you just doing with Lady Macbeth" He says in a cool tone gently taking  Katherines hand and allowing her to rise. Guiding her to find safety at his side, his hadn't squeezing hers reassuringly.

"Well I was- we where simply-" Remingham rambles, stumbling over his words as he watching the King turn to Katherine and look her over, attempting to see if she was harmed in anyway. 

"Lady Macbeth would you possibly have a better explanation than his ramblings?" The King asks Katherine gently with a kind smile.

"He was" She looks at Remingham who was glaring daggers into her. "He was attempting to seduce me your majesty. But I did not wish him to" Kat says as Henry gently wipes away a tear she hadn't noticed escaped her eye.

"Lord Remingham was trying to force himself on you, is that what you're saying?" He asks, his voice echoing in the silent room as Katherine nods looking down. Her face and chest flushed with embarrassment and shame from the entire situation. If she had just simply stayed in her rooms this would have never happened.

"Your majesty she is lying" Remingham pipes up and King Henry turns to glare at the man squaring up to him.

"I don't recall giving you permission to speak Lord Remingham!" Henry shouts and Katherine shys back away from the shouts and into a firm chest. Glancing back she finds Charles staring straight ahead and taking note of ever move Remingham makes. A sudden feeling burst into Katherines chest, a feeling of attraction which she immediately pushes it down and looks at her feet. Just because he gave the impression of guarding her honour didn't mean he himself wasn't still trying to ruin it. Although she did feel safer to be sandwiched between him and the King, considering both men where rather muscular and good with swords.

"My apologies Majesty" Remingham says through his teeth. Bowing deeply again not bothering to look up at the crowd

"Maybe a few nights in the tower will teach you manners on how to treat ladies of my court. Especially those so dear to my heart" King Henry snarls and guards appear from seemingly nowhere and take his arms dragging him away. 

Katherine was so focused on the stones below her shoes that it wasn't until the King tilts her chin up she realized the ordeal was over. A few people  still whispered and stared but for the most part the spotlight was off her and back on the music and dancing.

"Lady Katherine are you alright?" Henry asks in a low voice, watching her closely as she nods.

"Yes my King, I apologies for making such a scene, it was my fault I should have been so-" Henrys chuckle cuts her off and he places a kiss on her forehead. 

"Don't be foolish child, he was the one at fault. Everyone with eyes and a brain could see you where not enjoying yourself" He says and moves away "Besides your father would completely lost his mind if you saw that display. And I don't need my Lord Scotland spilling blood on my floors" 

Katherine nods slowly and just when she feels her back vibrate, suddenly remembering she was leaning against Charles. Blushing she looks at the King hoping he didn't notice her sudden behaviour change and takes a breath. 

"Yes, and its my temper father is concerned about" Kat laughs softly and the King lets out a haughty chuckle affectionately poking her nose.

"Yes, I have heard you have quite the temper. Part of me prays to never see it, but the other prays for your claws to come out" Henry smiles "Enjoy the rest of your night little dove, stay away from trouble" And with that Henry leaves and Katherine lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Rubbing her forehead as she turns to come face to chest with Charles for the third time that night.

"My god you are always around aren't you" She says looking at him with mild distaste.

"Only to keep you out of trouble, since Anthony doesn't seem to have your favour"  He smirks and she rolls her eyes.

"Oh please, I appreciate the help but you can go back to Anne now" Kat quips and goes to move around him only to have her arm caught.

"Are you sure you wouldn't prefer my company much more" He whispers lowly, his words caused a shiver to roll down her spine. Katherine looks past him and noticing Anne's hopeful eyes as she watches Charles.

"Yes, I'm afraid you just aren't the type of man I would allow to crawl into my bed" She says pulling her arm back from him.

 "Just you wait little lamb, I will be" Charles says into her ear, then swiftly moves away back to Anne's waiting arms. Which caused a pang of jealousy to flood Katherine as he leans into her, locking eyes with Kat as he whispers what she assumes to be something scandalous into Anne's ear. Which causes her to nod and tug him away out of the room.

Quickly shaking her head Katherine turns on her heels and moves to exit the party finally. Only find a pitiful drunk Anthony pouting in her direction. Sighing she rolls her eyes and moves to the door, now was not the time to be making amends with the man, or thinking about how Charles was more than likely being pleasured by her best friend.

=================================

we just vibin' out here you know

I also took some liberties with King Henry, he's a terrible man

but I wanted to make him LIKEABLE FOR MY OWN SAKE