"Well Alec and Jace are gonna be pissed about this." I say to myself before going to my bedroom and throwing on a pair of leggings, a tank top, and one of Alec's old hoodies. I quickly pack up my stuff and load it in my car. I climb into the driver's seat, wincing as the seat presses against my back, and start the car.

"New York, here I come." I sigh, driving away.

-2 ½ hours later-

I slowly step out of my car and pocket my keys as I walk into the institute. As soon as I enter, I'm greeted with the calm chatter of Shadowhunters. I walk into the main foyer, instantly spotting Izzy, Alec, Jace, and some redhead at a table. Izzy is smirking, Jace looks annoyed, the redhead looks smug, and I can only assume that Alec is scowling and glaring. I walk over to them with a small smile on my face.

"Boys, quit being so glum. I'm home." I say, making all four people stare at me. Izzy instantly runs over and tackles me in a hug, making me groan before chuckling.

"By the Angel, I missed you so much." She says, squeezing me tighter.

"Iz, easy." I groan, making her pull away. I'm quickly pulled into another hug by Jace.

"Jackie, I missed you so much." Jace says, spinning me around. As soon as he sets me down, I take a step away and break into a coughing fit.

"Are you okay?" Izzy asks.

"Yeah. Fine." I say before looking past them to Alec, who was just looking at me. "Alec?" I whisper.

"Nyx, what happened to you?" He says, walking over to me, gently resting his hand on my cheek.

"Demons. Don't worry." I say, seeing the look on his face. "None of them left alive."

"God, I missed you." He whispers before pulling me into his arms. I breathe in his scent and rest my head on his chest, wrapping my arms around him. He wraps one arm around my shoulders and the other rests on the back of my head.

"Uhm, not to ruin this happy little moment." A nagging voice says, making me and Alec pull apart. "But we need to save Simon. You guys can have a nice little reunion afterwards."

I give her a tired glare and rest my head on Alec's shoulder. He wraps his arm around my waist, making me wince and move his hand up and off of my wound. He gives me a confused look but compiles nonetheless.

"Clary, we will find your friend tomorrow. Right now, Jackalyn clearly needs to rest." Jace says.

"Why can't we just go without her?" She complains.

"Because we need her." Izzy says. "And she looks ready to keel over any minute. We aren't leaving her alone any time soon."

"Ugh, she's just another shadowhunter. How will that make a difference?" Clary argues.

"Clarissa." Alec hisses. "Go to your room. Go to sleep. Get some rest. We will go find your mundane boyfriend as soon as Nyx feels better."

"I'll be right back. I need to get my bags." I say, trying to pull away from Alec. He keeps his arm firmly around me.

"You're not going anywhere." He says.

"Jace and I can go get your stuff. You just go get some rest." Izzy says before dragging Jace out the door. I look over at Clary to find her glaring daggers at me. I shrink into Alec's side, trying to avoid her gaze.

"Clary, you're dismissed." Alec says before pulling me in the direction of our room.

As soon as we're in the room, he sits me down on the bed and kneels in front of me. His eyes are full of worry, making me feel guilty.

"What happened?" He whispers, placing his hand on my knee.

"I-I uh, I was on a mission when Izzy called me. While I was talking to her, a demon cut my arm." I start. "Then, when I hung up the phone, a demon kicked me in the chest and I crashed through a stone wall. I ended up fighting again and a demon tried to stab me. I threw my arms up and it cut my arms instead. Then another demon kicked me down and they punched me in the face. Then I got stabbed in the hip. At that point, I got mad and killed them all."

"Let me see." Alec says, pulling me into the bathroom. He carefully helps me slip off his hoodie and my tank top. "Oh my God." He says, running his fingers over the bruise on my back. "Is your rune acting up again?"

"Yeah." I sigh. "All it did was heal a broken rib and stop the bleeding in my arms."

"Can I see your hip?" He asks. I nod and pull down the band of my leggings. He carefully pulls off the bandage, making me whimper in pain. "I'm sorry." He whispers.

"It's fine." I pant.

"Nyx, I think I'm gonna need to stitch this up." He says.

"Oh God no." I whimper, tears filling my eyes. "Please don't. I'll be fine without it. It'll heal on its own."

Alec stands up and wraps his arms around me. I shakily wrap my arms around his middle, hiding my face in his chest. I hate needles.

"Go change into some pajamas. I'll get Jace and Izzy. I won't be long." He says.

I slowly nod and pull away from him. He leaves the room and I quickly change into one of Alec's shirts and some short shorts. As soon as I'm dressed, Alec comes back in with Jace and Izzy.

"Let's get this over with." I sigh, walking over to the bed. Izzy walks over and sits down, making me lay down with my head in her lap. Jace comes over and takes a hold of my hand, running his thumb over my knuckles.

"Alright." Alec says, coming back with a needle and bandage. "Are you ready?"

"No." I whisper. "Just do it."

Ten minutes, and seven stitches later, Alec carefully places the bandage over the wound.

"All done." He says, making me look at him, tears still falling from my eyes.

"Hey, you did awesome, Sis." Jace says.

"Just get rid of that damn needle." I say, making the others chuckle.

"Alright, we have a mission tomorrow. So, we all need our rest, especially Nyx." Alec says.

"Okay. No funny business, you two." Izzy says, pulling Jace out of the bedroom.

Alec walks over to me and places a soft kiss over the bandage on my hip, before pulling my shorts up to cover it. I lightly smile at him as he stands up.

"Let me change really quick. Then I'll come to bed." He says before kissing my forehead. I nod at him and close my eyes. He changes quickly and climbs into the bed beside me, gently pulling my body over to his.

"I love you." I mutter, burying my face in his neck.

"I love you too." He whispers. "Why else would I have married you?"