4. facing reality

marshall: did that actually just happen!? Gumball was asleep on my chest, and I was just sitting here stroking his soft pink hair. He was so cute. I guess I had to admit it now, I really am falling for this boy; harder than I ever had before. Maybe being gay isn't such a bad thing. Girls are so needy & whiny,  and I never really got into it anyway, but this; oh fuck. Gumball was perfect. My thoughts were interupted when there was a loud knock at the bedroom door, and I heard someone call out from the other side...

Pepermint maid: "your highness? Are you awake?... prince Gumball, it's already past noon. You have duties to attend to. Are you alright?!"

Marshall: oh fucking hell. I pushed bubba slightly with my hand & whispered as loud as I could in his ear so pepermint couldn't hear ... "Gummybear, pepermint maid is outside. Wake up!!!" I pushed him again & he started to stir.

Gumball: oh glob no, what time was it? I then woke up properly & remembered what we had done. I looked down at my naked body & began to panic as I heard pepermint calling my name again. "Uh, just a minute pepermint! I'll be right there!!!" I grabbed my boxers & pulled them on before putting my shirt on & fixing my hair. "Marshal, you have to hide!" I whispered sharply to him as I handed him his clothes I picked up off my floor.

Marshall: I stood up & bolted for his closet, turning myself invisible in the process. "Way ahead of you bubs". Despite being invisible;  I hid in the closet while he went to the door. Oh the irony, me... in the closet!

Gumball: "sorry, I got in late so I only just woke up" pepermint maid looked concerned at my late awakening, but soon moved onto giving me the dailey memo of what needed to be done & where I needed to go.  "I'll just shower & get ready, then I'll meet you in my office in 30 minutes"  as pepermint left, I shut & locked my doors. "Oh glob that was close!"

Marshall: "you're telling me!" I rubbed my head, it was still kind of pounding from the events of last night. I guess bubs saw the slight hint of pain on my face because he gave me a concerned look.

Gumball: "so, I never did ask. But what was it that bothered you so much last night that you decided to drink that much; and then separate yourself from the party?"  The look on his face told me I wouldnt like his answer.

Marshall: I let out a long sigh as I thought back to last night. "I ran into someone that I did not wanna see. It made me do some stupid shit. Look, my past is full of dark & painful shit. Sometimes the things I repressed long ago find a way of coming back to me, and it just tears me apart from the inside out. Living 1000 years comes with 1000 years of baggage, dude" I felt the familiar ache in my deadened heart. Remembering was painful.

Gumball: "why? And who was it? ... whatever it was I wanna help you. Drinking & running away wont help you"  I saw him clench his fists & his eyes seemed to turn a darker red. The colour of blood.

Marshall: "I can't tell you, gummy! It fucking hurts okay! She destroyed herself & she took me down with her! What if drinking is the only way that I can numb it all? And what if running away is the only way I can cope?!" I turned around & tryed desperately to calm myself down. I'm a mess again & this time Gumball would be the one that I hurt. I couldn't let that happen.

Gumball: "marshall.... who is she? Please just try & let me in. I know it  hurts but I just wanna help you" ... he looked about ready to collapse from the stress, but at the same time he seemed to be going into a violent rage. "Please just calm down marshall"

Marshall: "gummy, I'm sorry. I... I have to go. I'll be back later... I just need to be alone!" Before he could even say another word I had already transformed into a bat and flown up & out of his window.

I hated it. The sheer sight of her bought me crashing down. I hated all of it. I just wanted to forget!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
A/N: okay, I know it's short but,  oh no! Who do you think has marshall all worked up? :3 angry marshall is not something you wanna deal with! 
So anyways, I will try to update as much as possible over the next 4 days because on saturday I am heading home for the first time in 6 months & will have alot of people to catch up with & minimal time for writing! But dont fret, you'll get another smutty scene before I leave ;)
Keep purring, my little yaoi kittens!
~Trin~