27. a lifetime of memories

Marshall: after the picnic, Gummy had work to do. Some paperwork or something...
So now I'm at my house packing my stuff. Clearing away the junk I don't need. I throw another shirt into my backpack & then my foot hits something under the bed. "What the fuck?" I bend down & pull out whatever it is... only to realize it's a photo in a frame. I clear the dust off the glass revealing the image beneath. Simone.
"Damn it Heather, why did you have to fuck everything up? And what the fuck was all that crap about my father? Was it true or just another one of your games?"

I run a hand through my hair, dropping the photo onto my bed. I pick up my guitar from the corner... and only one song comes to mind.

Hey Dad, Look at me. Think back & talk to me. Did I grow up according to plan? ~ And do you think I'm waisting my time, doing things I wanna do? But it hurts when you dissaprove all along. And now I try hard to make it. I just wanna make you proud. I'm never gunna be good enough for you. Can't pretend that I'm alright, And you can't change me. Coz we lost it all, nothin' lasts's forever. I'm sorry I can't be perfect. Now it's just too late and we can't go back, I'm sorry I can't be perfect. ~~~~ I try not to think about the pain I feel inside. Did you know? You used to be my hero. All the days you spent with me, now seem so far away, and it feels like you don't care anymore. And now I try hard to make it, I just wanna make you proud. I'm never gunna be good enough for you. I can't stand another fight. And nothin's alright, coz we lost it all, and nothing lasts forever. I'm sorry I can't be perfect. Now it's just too late, and we can't go back, I'm sorry I can't be perfect. ~ Nothin's gonna change the things that you said. And nothin's gonna make this right again. Please don't turn your back. I can't believe it's all just a job to you but you don't understand. ~~~~~~ Coz we lost it all, and nothin' lasts forever. I'm sorry I can't be perfect. Now it's just too late and we can't go back. I'm sorry I can't be perfect. Coz we lost it all, and nothin' lasts forever. I'm sorry I can't be perfect. Now it's just too late and we can't go back. I'm sorry I can't be perfect.

I put my guitar down on the stand, and sat on the end of my bed as my eyes started to blur with the sting of tears, threatening to spill over & burn rivers down my cheeks. "Ugh, no Marshall, pull yourself together man!" I slap myself in the face, snapping me back to reality. I shove the last few things into my bag, including the remaining bottles from my home bar downstairs, and then as I sling my guitar over my shoulder, the stand folded in it's caset at my side, I take one last look around my home. The memories here are mostly parties, temper tantrums, or musical outbursts. But then as I look to the couch, I remember how all this started. Gumball, Fionna & Cake. Flame, and Mono. So many memories here. But It's time I moved on. Gummy is having my baby. We're gunna get married. I get to make a lifetime of new memories with him & our child. And I couldn't be happier about that.

I shut the door, and transform into my bat form, the bags & cases shrinking with me, as I fly towards my new home. Back to Gumball.