23. just say yes <3

Gumball: It's been 2 weeks now since I found out I was pregnant. Marshall's reply to my letter was just perfection. And we've been sending each other notes ever since. Not every day exactly, because Marshall does have work to do. And because I'm still trying to manage the kingdom & this globing morning sickness. But thankfully, I've been feeling better the past few days. I haven't exactly announced my pregnancy to the kingdom yet. Only the staff that see me daily know. Despite Marshall's beach ball jokes, the bump is barely noticable. A few of my shirts are getting too small, but the big baggy ones cover everything up nicely.
Pepp insisted on going shopping for baby clothes. When the candy people asked who she was shopping for, she made up some story about her neice in a far away land. The clothes are so small & sweet... but I think Marshall will dissagree with the colour. Pink. Everything is pink. This little lump isn't even big enough to have a gender yet. There is nothing wrong with a boy wearing pink... but Marshall seems pretty keen to have a son so he can dress him up in mini converse & jeans & flanel shirts. he may not seem it, but Marshall is going to be a great father. He's excited. And he wants to be a family.

There was a knock at my bedroom door, disturbing my thoughts. "It's unlocked."
one of the messengers came in. "Another letter from the night-o-shpeer, your highness".
I dismissed the messenger & sat down on the bed. I opened the plain black envolope & started reading.

10 weeks. Only 30 weeks till we're officially parents. Ha, who let that happen? Ya know, all this family talk... well; I wanna do things properly.
Gumball... I'm gunna ask you again... will you marry me? Please bubz, I love you so much. And our baby...

Can't wait for your reply...

"Ohmyglob!" I drop the letter... and spring towards the desk in my room; grabbing a pen & some paper.

Oh marshall, I'll say what I should have said months ago...
Yes. I will marry you. I love you so much!
Ohmyglob, I miss you so much. Just come home already!
~Gumball

I call for a messenger again, and he gives me evil eyes & huffs away with the letter. Oops. Guess they've been over worked lately.
I lay back on my bed & lift my shirt, placing a hand on the tiny bump. "Mumma loves you so much, and you're not even here yet... you've made us a family"
I closed my eyes & drifted off to sleep.