Chapter Nine ♡

Hello my loves
I am so sorry again for the delay!
I have missed all sooo much
Thank you everyone for your wonderful support, messages and comments!
I truly love you all so freakin much!
I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll try my best to be quicker next time!!
Big big hug to all of you
–theladyandthefox

Chapter Nine

"Juliette! Where have you been?" Yasmine inquired as soon as she reached them, clasping her hand around her tiny wrist. Her dark brown eyes had black kohl smudged around them and the newly created charcoal mask only made them even more striking.

"More like, with who have you been?" Gregg asked, frowning as he stared at the darkness behind her, the silhouette of the burly man who had just saved her disappearing from view.

Juliette nervously placed a strand of her golden hair behind her ear and looked at her feet, flustered from what had just happened with her encounter with Xander.

"Who's that man, Juliette?" He sternly asked, noticing how flushed she was. The charcoal mask painted on his face hid his facial expression, and she couldn't tell if he mad at her or not.

"He's–I know him Gregg! H-He's not a bad p-person!" She defended as she looked up slowly at her friends only to realize they're exchanging worried glances between one another.

"Juliette." He began, concern in his voice. "I assure you, that man looks like a cold blooded murder. How on earth did you end up walking with someone like him?"

"What? I'm not naive!" She defended as she stomped her foot childishly on the ground.

"Hey," Gregg muttered calmly this time, leaning down a little so his gaze can match hers, "We were just worried about you. I've been asking everyone if they saw you around." He explained as he gestured to the man with similar features standing beside him. The man who had been silent till now, extended his hand and murmured a polite salute.

"I'm Greggory's much good looking cousin." Gregg rolled his eyes as he grinned, showing a set of dimples just like Gregg's. "And you must be, the beauty everyone's been searching for, eh?"

"It's not the time, Peter." Gregg grumbled irritatingly.

"Oh Juliette, don't stay away from us okay? I was SO worried about you." Yasmine said as she hugged her petite figure. "Mabel would have killed us."

"I-I'm fine you guys. I'm sorry I-I made you worried," She whispered guiltily as she smiled at her new friend. "It's– nice to meet you."

Peter grinned only to be smacked on the head by his cousin. "No flirting with Juliette!" Both Gregg and Yasmine said in unison.

"Jeez, I havent said anything, okay!" He said, holding up his hands in surrender.

"Yet," Gregg argued.

"At least introduce her to the festival, you grumpy gremlins!"

Yasmine crossed her hands and glared at him. "We're not grumpy gremlins!"

"No of course not," he chuckled as he ran his hands through his curly fiery hair. Hadn't it been for the hair texture and the slight stubble Peter had, he and Gregg were almost identical–except Peter had something about him; he was more wicked, more mischievous.