décalcomanie | a story

décalcomanie

(dɪˌkælkəˈmeɪnɪe )

NOUN (of French origin)

1. an art technique involving moving designs from paper onto another object.

2. a design so transferred

3. in korea, "décalcomanie" refers to two people who look alike.

-

a story about how childhood friends drift apart

when we are younger, we don't often realise how some of the friends we make would stick with us for life, and some we would drift apart from. for those we stick to, there is a lifetime's worth of growth, life lessons and acceptance. for those we drift apart from, you leave behind fragments of a broken past, so ugly that you can't bear to even take a glance.

a story about how following your dreams isn't always what you thought it was

dreams take a lot of work. from its first conception, it takes determination to carry it out. it takes passion to maintain it. it takes resilience to continue it. too often, from the seemingly perfect lives of those who have achieved their dreams, we neglect to appreciate how much work it took them to get there.

lastly, this is a story about breaking free from your own constraints and self-acceptance

the world doesn't always let us be ourselves. it's up to us to sort out our goals in life, set our own standards to live up to and make choices to determine our own future. remember, our lives are ours, and ours only.

-

DISCLAIMERS

❅ The author (alysson) is half-sane and living the high stress, high anxiety and high on sleep-deprivation life :]

❅ This is her editor mangolattae (jess) ;D

❅ We do not own Bangtan, ITZY, or any of the groups mentioned in this book.

This is a work of fiction, and all names, characters, places, businesses, places, events and incidents are used in a fictitious manner.

Mature topics may be mentioned ie. mental illnesses and some strong language may be used

❅ The mental illnesses of the characters are not meant to offend or discriminate. We have researched on the various conditions, but we are by no means experts. If you are suffering from a mental illness, please consult a medical professional. We are rooting for you!

❅ We hope you enjoy this mindwreck of a fan fiction :D

side note: alysson is such a boomer that she forgot her acc password, spent 2 hours trying to get her acc back, forgot to upload the book cover to her phone and published the story 4 hours past the intended time on her computer when she got back home :))
what can i say? i'm the one that handles the technology around here.

-jess

-

for the skilled crackheads