Chapter 21

Trigger Warning!

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, wake up." Nick's voice said in my ear.

"Go away." I replied, pulling the sheets over my head.

"You've been asleep all day." He sighed.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mean you lost a lot of blood last night and that can cause fatigue. But you need to get up and eat." Nick said softly.

"I'm not hungry." I lied.

"When was the last time you ate?" My brother raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"At the outpost. Before you took me away from Troy." I said bitterly.

"I'll get you something to eat, come downstairs when you're ready." My brother told me.

"Fine." I groaned as Nick walked out.

I got out of bed and took a quick shower, because the water was being rationed, then I got dressed and went downstairs.

There was a bowl of soup on the table, and as I sat down behind it Nick placed a glass of water in front of me to. He then sat down beside me and stared at me with a confused look on his face.

"What?" I asked, slightly irritated.

"Nothing." Nick replied bluntly.

"Just tell me Nick." I told my brother.

"Eat, then I'll change your bandages." He said before walking off, completely ignoring what I said.

Once he was out of sight, I walked outside and poured the soup into the grass, since I wasn't in the mood to eat. I remember that when my dad died, I didn't eat for days, and I got put in hospital for a week because of it, as well as when I lost one of my best friends from the air force. It's just how I deal with losing people I love.

I drank the water and after about twenty minutes Nick came back downstairs with a first aid kit. He moved the bowl and cup away, then sat down.

"Arm's out." He ordered as I stretched my arms out towards him.

He sighed as he took my bandages off and examined my cuts. He applied some antiseptic cream on them, then applied a new bandage.

"How's the water rationing going?" I asked.

"Not good, I caught some of Walker's people double-dipping." He told me as he finished up.

I stood up, and headed towards the door.

"Where are you going?" Nick questioned.

"Ofelia's." I replied.

"Ok, be quick." Nick told me.

"Ok, mom." I laughed.

"Shut up!" Nick chuckled as I ran out the door.

I walked up to Ofelia's house, and I noticed Crazy Dog was sitting just outside the door.

"You the bodyguard?" I asked as I approached him.

"Maybe. Who's watching out for you. It's not like you're little boyfriend can anymore." Crazy Dog smirked.

Before I could reply, I heard footsteps then the door opened.

"You wanna come in?" Ofelia asked.

"I wanna get ahead of something." I started, "I heard some of your people went through the water line twice."

"I heard that we let you stay on our land, that you're lucky to be alive." Crazy Dog commented.