nineteen.

Unedited.

_____

First night.

"Wow." Magnolia said, as she looked around the hotel hobby.

River was getting their room keys, while Keanu used the lobby's restroom.

"We are all good to go." River approached her, while waving the two keys.

He placed them in his jacket pocket, before picking up his suitcase.

"Are you sure it's okay that we came to Paris instead of London?"

Magnolia looked at him like he was crazy. "Uhh, yeah, I'm sure."

River smiled at her and nodded. "Just making sure. Why don't we take a seat?"

It didn't take too long for Keanu to find his way to them. Upon his return, he picked up his and Magnolia's suitcase.

"I got it." He said, knowing she would offer to carry her own.

• • •

"How are you feeling?" River asked, as they made it into the elevator.

"A little tired." She admitted, leaning on the elevator wall. "After my first plane ride to California, I was tired for days."

Although I'm sure it had a lot to do with the reason why I moved to California in the first place, she thought.

"The infamous jet lag." Keanu said, sighing. "It never gets easy, unfortunately."

"That makes sense.. it's like when your ears pop when you drive up in the mountains." She said.

"You've been in the mountains?" River asked.

Magnolia nodded. "My hometown is technically in a valley. It's not like going to a "skiing mountain" or anything."

"Something we should try." Keanu mumbled.

"Ohh, no." Magnolia shook her head. "I don't do the freezing cold."

"Not even for us?" Keanu asked, as the elevator doors begin to open.

"You're cute.. but you ain't all that." She said, walking ahead.

River laughed as Keanu's face dropped.

"That's messed up, babe." He said, following behind them.

"You know I was just teasing." She said, laughing.

"308 and 309." River listed off, fumbling with the keys.

"It's a waste of money." She said, shaking her head, as River handed Keanu the other key.

"I know.. but we have to.. you know." Keanu gave her a gentle smile.

"For public reasons. I get it."

There wasn't enough time to gush over the room, because the three were still exhausted from the plane ride.