twenty-one.

______3rd day

______
3rd day.

"Let her sleep." Keanu said, watching River trace her features over with his fingertips.

River was slightly startled because he didn't know that he was awake.

"Hey." River said awkwardly to Keanu, when he heard him groan and start to stretch, while being careful not to bump into Magnolia.

"Hey." Keanu responded with a yawn.

"I'm sorry." River said to his best friend. "I'm so sorry."

"River." Keanu shook his head. "You can't keep doing this. I'm concerned about your health, of course, but we are lying to Mag."

"We've talked wanting her to trust us enough to open up about her overall mental health.. we are hypocrites."

River bit his lip as he felt his face heat up.

Clearing his throat, he admitted, "I don't know how to stop."

"I want to be normal, but drugs are normal for me." He said in a whisper.

"There's a better way." Keanu said, looking over to make eye contact with him.  "I'll stop smoking too. We can embark on this together. You're my best friend, River. I- I just don't want to lose you."

___

"Hello?" Magnolia heard Tony say on the other end. 

She had slipped down the bed, while Keanu and River were asleep.

"Hello?" Tony repeated.

"It's me." She said.

"Mag?"

"Yes."

"Is everything okay?" Tony asked, sitting up.

She heard a click on his end, assuming it was his nightstand lamp.

"I just missed you." She said.

"Girl, I thought something was wrong with your blockhead."

Magnolia tried to stifle her laugh to not wake her two other lovers up. 

"I didn't call you to get insulted. See, this is why I need to stop trying to be all sentimental with you. But noo, I just had to miss your annoying ass. You know what..? I hope your phone bill is higher this month from this phone call."