What am I to you? - Tamaki x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Yes, that's what I was saying" you tried to reply as coldly as possible because you wanted this to be as clean cut as possible.

"W-why?" His tone of voice sounded so fearful as if he was actually scared to hear the answer. You still decided to not put the blame on him in any way which is why you would make sure he thought you were the reason the relationship failed.

"I don't love you anymore. I-it was just a crush and now it seems like I am over it" you hated yourself for the slight stutter in your voice but overall you were able to sound steady.

"Oh" Tamaki didn't even look at you. His eyes were fixed on the ground and somehow you felt like you couldn't keep looking at him, too.

It hurt too much.

"C-can I do anything to change your mind?" The question caught you off guard, making your (e/c) orbs shift over to him again. You were actually sure he would just say okay and it would be over. You didn't think he would consider saving your relationship.

"There is nothing you can do, okay? It's me who is to blame. Let's just end this here" you replied softly, averting your eyes again, so you wouldn't see his reaction.

"Goodbye" with that you turned around and practically speed walked to the door that would bring you back into the school. Only when the door shut behind you, you broke out into a run.

Tears gathered in the corner of your eyes and you were scared that they would break lose, if you were to face Tamaki right now.

If you stayed a little longer, you might have heard his small declaration.

"...but I love you"

-

Tamaki was a mess after what had happened. He felt so disappointed, sad, angry, heartbroken. It was just the worse and he didn't know how to get rid of the chaos inside him.

For the better or worse, you were also pretty much avoiding him as well as Mirio and Nejire. Both looked so surprised when Tamaki admitted that your relationship had failed and they almost spat out their food when Tamaki mentioned that it was because you fell out of love with him.

You told him that you were to blame but Tamaki somehow couldn't stop thinking that it was him who was at fault. Tamaki was shy and insecure but not stupid. He knew that your relationship had lacked a lot of things and now he regretted more than ever before that he didn't try harder to become a better boyfriend.

It just wasn't as easy to him.

You made him more nervous than other people did and that said a lot. He knew he probably should already be over that phase but his heart pounded so hard whenever you were close. He had trouble speaking because more then ever he wanted to not come off as an idiot but a cool guy that was deserving of your love. Just looking at you gave him a feeling of endless affection and love that threatened to spill out any moment.

Honestly, if he wasn't so timid he probably would always hug and kiss you when you were with him but he was scared to even mess up that or that if he actually acted on his feelings that he would come off as needy and clingy.

Well, not that all that mattered anymore because you had made it clear that the two of you were over. He wasn't able to make your feelings blossom into love and no matter how sad it sounded, he wasn't surprised.

He knew you were too good for him from the start.

That's why he never would have confessed in the first place. He was bound to get hurt but even though there were so many negative emotions consuming him now, he didn't regret his short time with you because no matter how much your relationship lacked, he loved you and he was happy that he was able to call you his for those two months.