Where it all started.

Shadae Pov.

 Toni, Nae, Shayla, Kay and I were on my porch sitting on the stairs. We had just come from the corner store. Every day we buy a whole bunch of junk food and stay outside my porch until we want to do something. So much shit has happened on this porch you just don’t know. Good memories Bad memories. This is just the spot. I had my first kiss on this porch. So did Toni, Nae, Shayla, and Kay. If you want to find us. This is where we are at when we are bored. Don’t get me wrong we come here when we are bored but this porch is nothing near boring. I moved to this house when I was 5. I was sitting on this porch when I meet my squad. Delano, Nae, Jacquees, Toni, Shayla, Corahn, Kay, and Issa. Toni and I meant first. We were about 7. Then Nae and I meet when I was 8 then that’s when we see 4 boys and 2 girls one day who came up to my porch and asked to chill.

Flashback: 11 years ago (Shadae, Nae, and Tae are 8yrs old)

Toni, Nae, and I were sitting on the porch. Just came back from the corner store. We were all talking about being bored and all that good stuff.

Toni: "I am so bored I don’t even want to go to school tomorrow." Toni said while stuffing her mouth with hot chips.

Nae: " I’m bored to man and I don’t want to go to school tomorrow either, And stop eating all them dang chips last time I didn’t even get none. Greedy self." Nae said while trying to snatch the bag of chips out of Toni’s hand.

Toni: "GIRL STOP I DESERVE THESE CHIPS!! I swear Ima bite chu reach for these chips one more time." Toni threatened.

Me:" Dang Toni don’t be mad cuz she want them chips. I remember the last time you ate all them chips by yo self and wouldn’t come out the bathroom for a hour talking bout yo stomach hurt." I was on the floor rolling. I had all of us dying out laughing.

Nae: "Remember what her momma said when she found out?" Nae asked trying to catch her breathe. I nodded then we all spoke in unison

Toni/Nae/ and Me: " Yo butt gon explode next time. You gon be hollering for that Pepto-Bismol." We said in unison we were in tears.

Then that’s when 4 boys and to girls came up to my fence. We all looked up but were still trying to catch our breathe. We had to wipe a few tears and collected ourselves. Once we did one of the girls said Hey to us.

Girl #1: "Hey, I’m Shayla." She said waving at us.

Me: "Hey, I’m Shadae, That’s Toni and Nae." I pointed them out while saying their names.

Girl #2: " I'm Kay, That’s Delano, Jacquees, Issa, and Corahn." She pointed them out. We waved back at them. Then there was an awkward silence.

Me: "Do you guys want to hang out with us? We may just go back to the store because fat butt over here won’t give us back the chips." I asked them while we all looked over at Toni still stuffing her face.