fifteen :: stone

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Oh yeah, how could you tell I was having a no-good-shitty day— was the question I secretly asked every passing student who gave me the same old dirty look.

I couldn't blame them. I barely took the time to take care of my hair this morning and much less my clothing, a story told by my shirt that was only half-tucked into my uniform skirt.

"Y/N you're back— ohh... not to sound rude but uh- you don't look too great," Fujii commented as I walked into homeroom.

"Thanks, I couldn't tell," I said sarcastically.

"No but seriously, you alright?" She perched herself next to my desk as I placed my schoolbag down beside my chair. I didn't bother looking behind me to check if Mister Kujo was present. He was the last man I wanted to see.

"Not to sound dumb or edgy or whatever, but I'm not doing too great. A lot has happened is all."

"Oh, then I won't press more into it then." She gave me a sympathetic look and passed me two wrapped chocolates. "Have a better day, alright?"

Before I could exhaustedly thank her, Fujii had already turned off to her own desk beside me.

I was surprised Fujii didn't scold me about the project. It was more of something I didn't want to mention in the fear of causing beef no matter how trivial the problem was- I mean, the only thing that tied the two of us together was that assignment.

Our homeroom teacher waltzed in with the grace of a giraffe on stilts. And I'm hardly even kidding. The man intentionally had heels on.

Fujii cast a glance at me with her lips pursed, stifling her laughter. It would have been great if I had the capacity to even act joyfully for the moment.

"Y/N," the heeled man called out, "glad to see that you're back from the hospital! It's been some days now hasn't it?"

I shifted focus back onto the situation at hand. "Uh- yes! It's been a week now, to be precise."

He hummed and handed me a small stack of papers, color-coded highlight tabs between, presumably separated by subjects. I'm never trusting a cheery-toned teacher again with my schoolwork.

-

"Wow, school is over again. How original. What an unused trope," I said to myself, cursing the ones that created me.

I gripped my schoolbag strap as the clipped messes of homework weighed it down. It didn't help when the flurry of rushing first years shoved me into each other, an instance almost making me drop my bag and have all its contents spill out.

"Ayyo! Y/N!" A voice just loud enough to where I could hear had spoken. I turned around to find where that mystery voice was coming from.

"Y/N." I switched back front when an almost threatening Seo stood, blocking the pathway that everybody had to walk across.

I pulled her to the side and onto the rocky path of the school gardens. "Why'd you stop me there of all places?!" I berated her.

"Oh, it's urgent. I was just wondering where Guiying has been since I know you've been on the lookout for her."

And it seemed I had a burst of sinking dread because my hand instinctively reached over to my shoulder, which served as a constant reminder of that one stupid, stupid mistake.