three :: midnight oil

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Seven hours have passed since being on this plane. All the passengers were asleep except for me, I was absolutely restless from the day before.

"Jeez is there anything I can do up here besides watch The Breakfast Club on repeat?" I slouched into my seat and quietly groaned. A low rumbling from the seat behind caught my attention, making me turn around and observe what kind of human can make such a noise. "Aww I thought I wouldn't have to deal with stand users aga-"

A sharpened slate of hardened clay flew into my left cheek. A.. clay stand?

I couldn't help but think how Space Oddity was prone to attacks that didn't rely on punches and brute force, since it's harder to deflect projectile-type objects.

Would this work? I summoned my stand to activate the meter radius forcefield only to be hit by another chunk of clay.

Blood spurted out of my arm, which caught on the plane window next to me. The stand itself didn't seem to be that powerful, but it sure as hell could crash this entire plane with one wrong flick of the wrist.

I got up from my seat to where Space Oddity can use its eyes to scan the crowd. The direction the chunks hit me were on the left part of my body, therefore the attacker must be on the left side of the plane.

"Ah, that bright blue-haired weirdo with the questionable yellow suit must be it." From the trip to Egypt, it seemed all the stand users I've fought looked quite bizarre in some way or another. This allowed me to easily spot who was attacking me from a crowd.

However, the off-chance that the man with the suit is actually a citizen was too high to where I can just attack them on the spot. I searched further across the seats to find any other possible target.

I felt a strange deja vu as I glanced around in the plane. Dark, crowded, and full of potential trouble. "Just like Tower of Grey, huh?"

Space Oddity beamed its horn to summon a forcefield, making sure the perpetrator would stay out of my range

Another chunk of clay came at me, rendering myself stunned for some seconds. This truly started to piss me off. I dragged myself over to the man in the yellow suit and slowly held them by their neck, waking them up. "ACH, W-WHAS HAPPENING?"

With a sudden realization, I came to the conclusion that this was not the stand user, and the one you were looking for was right behind me. I let go of the poor man and turned around in a shock to find the real stand user in a casual outfit- one that didn't stand out from the crowd.

"I felt that you would think a strangely dressed man would be the stand user. You're smarter than I thought, but I'm already two steps ahead of you!" A shaggy-haired, middle-aged man with a brown coat and black pants was standing right where I thought he was. "That's why I specifically dressed this way, you actual fool!"

"Shit, he's gotten into my forcefield. I can only rely on my stand's punches to hurt him." With careful thought, I realized how weak this guys stand was. Seriously? Who gets a stand and it's power is to make weapons out of clay?

I ready up Space Oddity's fists and place myself in a stance to defend against whatever attacks he would hurl at me.

Seven hours have passed. The robber turned out to have a power shovel stand, one that could dig holes as quickly as they did. Kakyoin used his Hierophant Green to capture the man and bring him back him back to Jotaro's estate.

"Good grief, this mangy mutt is what we've been dealing with?" Jotaro glances away to scoff at the terrified figure. "Don't even think about coming back."

The poor thing nodded and scurried away as Kakyoin looked at Jotaro with a confused expression.

"What the hell? That guy broke into your house with a bunch of other douchebags and you let them go?"

"Tsk, it doesn't even matter. I'm not calling the police because then I'll have to explain stands." Jotaro said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. "Anyway, you came over to stay for the night, right? Come on."

The two of them messed around on  F-Mega for some of the night until they slowly fell asleep, in-game cars losing control and steering off the track.

Holly draped two separate blankets over them and let them rest for the next day.

The plane was littered with softened clay hitting the ground. I was forced to dodge every chunk that was thrown at me as to not risk any more injuries that I don't already have. Space Oddity's purple forcefield doesn't help me deflect objects, which was a serious pain in the ass that I've had ever since fighting those stand users in Egypt.

That wasn't until today, where my stand's horn glowed a different color than what it usually illuminates.

I then felt that I didn't have to dodge the dangerous projectiles anymore, and sure enough, my thoughts were correct. The blue forcefield was protecting me from objects, but my ability to push away humans had been nullified. Being able to switch between pushing away humans and projectiles is the dream!

"You think a cute new color theme will stop me? You little brat! I will end you once and for all." The angry man yelled to activate his special power. "Midnight Oil! Bring out Diesel and Dust!" The plane started shaking as dust swirled around my forcefield, unable to puncture it.

"What is this power? Diesel and Dust can't be that easily countered!" He exclaimed with a pointed finger.

"An eye for an eye, is that what say it?"

I walked forward, switching from your purple shield to my blue one, backing the enemy stand user against the plane walls, smothering them like a pancake. I don't want to get into detail about the gore, it's not something I want to describe.

"Arg, I have to clean all of this up now. I can't let anybody here know." I flushed the crushed remaining parts of his body down the toilet, slightly ashamed at how low I've fallen. Fighting hot vampires to dumping a dead body down the toilet? Not the best progression, I've gotta say.

After the whole fiasco, my stand emerged from its own, nudging you right after you sat back down in your second-class seat. "Calm down Space Oddity, I'm not ready to fight again. I don't even know why I'm even fighting stand users."

A rather loud 'shh' from one of the seats in front shut me up.

"Tsk, whatever."

❤︎❤︎❤︎
changed the stand name from Masterpiece to Midnight Oil because it just makes sense
-sc

(EDITED)