thirteen :: joy division

❤︎❤︎❤︎

The moment I walked off the school grounds, Arata ran over to me with his school bag hung around his neck and skateboard in hand. "Y/N! Gotta ask ya something!"

"Ehh? What is it now?"

Arata panted from his jog, then looked me straight in the eye. "So why'd you need Guiying's address from last night? She's dangerous, you know."

"That's it? That's what you wanna ask?" I shook my head in mock disappointment yet continued. "I found her passed out against a tree near a diner, so I'd thought I would bring her back home. Exactly why I needed her address. That enough?"

He took a moment to process the info. "Well, that's weird. I don't see why you would be wasting your time with her. She's batshit crazy."

I looked at him weird, taking out my umbrella from my schoolbag. "Well tell me how you got her address? Isn't that also kinda suspicious?"

"It's not the same."

"Yes it is."

Arata tensed up and gripped his shirt collar rather aggressively. "Well I don't know what connection you have, but for the love of god, Y/N, don't affiliate with her," he said, looking away.

With those words, Arata jumped on his skateboard and sped off to who knows where, leaving me in the dust. "Well alright," I murmured.

And just like every other weekday, I would go home with a solid stack of homework in which half would be due in two days. What happened to the dream high school experience that everybody fantasized about in middle school?

Gone, reduced to atoms.

I waited by the entrance for Kakyoin, unopened umbrella in hand as it was about to rain— according to the forecast at least. There were hardly any clouds above, I would be surprised if it even farted rain today.

I stuffed my textbooks into my school bag as I spotted a looming figure running through the rain while being chased by an equally large one.

The bushes that lined the outskirts of the terrain rustled as they both sent themselves into the forest, the sounds of their footsteps no longer audible.

"Who the hell..." it would be lying to say that I wasn't intrigued. But on the other hand, I didn't have time to mess around and had too much work on my plate to finish this week. I wasn't about to risk a failing grade just because I decided that I would ignore my studies to chase some unknown duo.

I looked back at the doors to see that Kakyoin had weaved through the waves of students and caught up with me.

"You look pale. Did anything happen?" He asked.

"Nothing eventful, I guess. Everything's just been a blur lately."

"Ah, I'm sure moving in so sudden can be quite exhau..."

Kakyoin's words were cut off from some presence that had silenced him. It was as if he were a deer caught in headlights, his body no longer functioning as it was supposed to.

"Uhh, Kak? Earth to Yoin?" I waved my hand in his face.

He didn't react, his pupils not even dilating to my movements.