fourteen :: dribbling destiny

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Yeah, that was surely going to leave a scar.

Being stuck in the hospital for days on end with nothing to do besides the same old "read some 'zines" and "watch television" took a toll on me.

It got boring more quickly than I thought, only having Kakyoin come over an hour a day coursing me over whatever new school material we had. He was fun being around at least with his cryptic ways of teaching his given lessons.

I couldn't blame the Foundation for every little thing though. They had lots of business to attend to and mine was only just significant enough for them to notice. It was only for Jotaro, a fellow fuckin' Joestar, that they would still even so spare a hand to help me.

A week passed and I was released from the hospital, thanking those who nursed me as I went out. They told me that the Foundation would cover the cost even when they probably knew I was perfectly capable of paying it off myself.

But then, having more extra in-pocket money wasn't something I would complain about.

I held my arm firmly in place.

It only made sense that they still require that I wear a cast on my injured arm. If I moved my shoulder while they were still healing, I might as well get stabbed twice in the same area.

"You're going back to school tomorrow, right?" Kakyoin asked before we split in opposite directions.

"I guess I will. Thanks to you, I won't need much catching up to do, considering you've helped me with schoolwork and-"

"It's really nothing, don't stress it as much as you need to," he cut me off. "Just get home soon, Y/N. It looks like rain." He reached out to feel the droplets hit his hand before waving goodbye.

"Yeah— I guess I'll keep note of that."

After quickly conversing with him, I was left alone with my own thoughts as I paced my way to my apartment building.

The Foundation still hadn't told me what they did with Guiying's body, only the fact that they transported her on a different vehicle which I saw didn't arrive in the same hospital as my vehicle did. It just all seemed too sketch to me.

I couldn't do much about it anyway. These were all actions that only Guiying's parents could command, and I couldn't even imagine their grief when being told their child had passed, hopefully not informed it was indirectly at the hands of mine.

I looked down at my palms and could have sworn a mirage of blood-soaked hands flashed for a split second.

Before I could fully react to this, a truck zoomed past and sprayed murky puddle water all over me, half-ruining my clothes. "Dammit!"

If only I had an umbrella on me right now. I left my previous one at the entrance of my school, probably lost to some thieving students.

I wiped my sleeves to shake the water off, along with those intrusive thoughts of mine. It proved to be no help as it had already set into my clothes, ruining the color indefinitely. I could only tirelessly trudge forward and hope that a taxi would drive by and pick me up.

Exhausted, I stopped by a nearby drugstore and leaned against the brick wall with a tiresome sigh.

The clouds that covered the horizon emerged from above, drizzling down onto the pavement. The store owner exchanged a friendly wave with me. That was enough to usher me into the building.