"My friend, if you are receiving this transmission that means you and your prisoners are alive," Greef announced. Mando shifted around in his seat, looking over at me in confusion. "You might be surprised to hear this, but I am alive too."

My eyes widened, "I could've sworn I--"

"I guess we can call it even," Greef continued with his message. "A lot has happened since we all last saw each other. The man who hired you is still here; his ranks of ex-Imperial guards have grown.. and they have gone to extreme lengths to find the assets you have stolen."

I furrowed my eyebrows, biting my lower lip in disbelief. 'I can't believe this..'

"They have imposed despotic rule over my city, which has impeded the livelihood of the Guild. We consider him an enemy, but we cannot get close enough to take him out." He sighed, shaking his head. "If you would consider one last commission, I will very much make it worth your while. You have been successful so far in staving off their hunters, but they will not stop until they have their prizes."

Mando looked back at me as if he was conflicted. I pinched the bridge of my nose, frustrated at how persistent the Guild and its hunters were. Mando and I continued to listen to Greef's little message with exasperated looks on our faces.

"So, here is my proposition: return to Nevarro; bring the child and girl as bait. I will arrange an exchange, and provide loyal Guild members as protection. Once we get near the Client, you kill him, and we both get what we want. If you succeed, you keep the child and the girl. I will have your name cleared with the Guild, for a man of honor should not be forced to live in exile.. I await your arrival with optimism." He said as the transmission finally turned off.

Mando sighed, hitting the control panel with full aggression. He turned to look at the sleeping child as he snored softly. Mando shifted his gaze onto me while I gave him a confused look.

"Mando, you're not actually gonna--" I stopped myself mid-sentence when I realized that he was already shifting the gears into hyperspace. I rolled my eyes, "You gotta be kidding me."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

We arrived back on the planet, Sorgan, as my disapproval for Greef's plan only grew. Mando stood up from his chair and walked over to the control room's hatch.

I placed the child in my arms and stood next to Mando. He turned to look at me, "You ready?"

"Only if you are." I smirked, shrugging my shoulders a little. He nodded in response as we walked out of the room and over to the ship's entrance.

I took a deep breath in and placed the child on the floor. Mando unlocked the ship's entrance, and we watched as it opened up. Once the hatch was fully open, we trudged down the ship's slope and began walking towards the common house.

It didn't take long until we arrived. As we walked inside the common house, everyone gathered around in a circle, watching a boxing match take place in the middle.

Just then, everyone began cheering as the match came to an end. There was one clear victor.. Cara Dune. While everyone was paying up their bets to Cara, we slowly made our way to her with the child behind us.

Mando asked, "Looking for some work?"

Cara chuckled, walking us over to a table so we could talk some more. We each sat down in a chair and ordered some drinks, catching up with one another.