3.3 | Was it the Right Choice?

"Kim Namjoon!" Yoongi roared with anger, exploding into the dorm. Jimin and Taehyung let out alarmed yelps, jumping up from where they rested on the couch. Yoongi ignored them and stormed over to Namjoon, who was sitting on his bed while reading a book. "Are you happy?" He yelled.

"Hyung?" Namjoon frowned.

Yoongi's eyes flooded with darkness, the bright room turning bleak and gloomy as shadows swamped the area, swirling around the God and pointing threateningly at Namjoon. His eyes glowed a deep scarlet from beneath the layer of black. "Are you happy?" He repeated, his voice loud and demanding and fierce. "You caused her so much pain, telling her one thing then telling her another! You confused and messed with her - are you happy?"

"Yoongi Hyung!" Jimin shouted. "Calm down!"

The shadows began to growl, snaking over Namjoon's wrist and body, pinning him down to the bed. He began to panic. "Hyung!" He struggled against the ropes, his eyes wide. Dark hands crept up his side, reaching his neck and twisting around it. He choked, his airway closing with the force of the hands. Was he going to die by his friend's power?

"Yoongi!"

The hands disappeared and the shadows retracted back to the God. Namjoon sucked in a deep breath, coughing as he rolled over onto his stomach, his hand clutching his chest. He looked up after a few moments to see a girl standing in front of Yoongi, her hands gripping his shoulders while his eyes flitted around, seemingly confused as his chest rose up and down, panting.

"Yoongi." The girl repeated more sternly. He finally focused on her, his black eyes cold and angry. But she didn't flinch. After a couple of seconds, the white returned to his eyes and he relaxed, falling to rest against her as his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Sorry." He mumbled, his breathing still heavy. "Lost control for a few minutes."

"What got you so worked up, Yoonie Baby?" The girl murmured, rubbing his back comfortingly. He raised his head and glared at Namjoon.

"Y/n ran back to our dorm two hours ago, she was crying and her powers acted on their own. It's a mess in there now. The only reason she stopped was because I built a shadow sphere around her to cut her powers off. She then spent the next fifteen minutes or so crying until she fell asleep. I made sure she drank enough water and got Jin Hyung to stay with her while I came over to beat your stupid ass."

Namjoon dropped his head and squirmed uncomfortably as everyone turned their attention to him.

"What the fuck did you do, Joon? What the fuck did you do to hurt her so badly?"

He mumbled something inaudibly.

"What?" Jimin frowned.

"I said it was a mistake." He repeated softly, seeming small even though he was the tallest in the room as he sat on the edge of his bed.

"You're kidding." Taehyung stared at him in shock.

"You said what?" Yoongi's temper rose again, black flames erupting from his palms and intensifying with power. Namjoon flinched.

"Yoon." At the sound of his Angel's voice, he calmed, the fire seeping back into his hands. He sighed, gazing at the man with a disappointed expression.

"Was it the right choice?"

"I don't know."

"Does it sound like the right choice?" Jimin asked him with a gentle tone. "Don't you think that it isn't based on how she reacted?"

After a moment of silence, Namjoon spoke up, "I should go to her, shouldn't I?"

"Yes, Hyung. Tell her the truth. Don't push her away."

Don't push her away. He sucked in a breath as he recalled his foster mother's words.

"And I know, in the future, you will stop looking at each other as siblings or friends. I saw it years ago. When that happens, don't push each other away. Understand?"

Is this the future she was talking about? He always thought that it meant they would hate each other, he never thought that it meant them developing feelings that grew way beyond friends. I was wrong. He chuckled. "Damn it. I always seem to be making mistakes recently." He stood up, exhaling. "I'm going to her."

"And I'm going with you," Yoongi said, straightening as he pulled out of his Angel's grasp, "just to make sure you don't do anything stupid again." He then turned and placed a soft kiss on his girlfriend's forehead, smiling when he saw her cheeks flush lightly. "Thank you for calming me down. See you later."

He turned and ran after Namjoon, closing the door behind him.

-

Totally unrelated to the story but I started writing the second book in the series and I'm so proud of the first 2 chapters. Idk why. Its crap. But I finally got to it and I'm so excited to write it :))