Chapter 30

Dedication to @mominaali , thanks for reading, voting , and commenting! Finally picked out some pictures for my characters with a big help from a fellow friend here on wattpad. This picture on the side is...*drum roll* Oliver! :D So! Once again, please vote and comment, I love to hear thoughts on my work :D

“Well?” She cocks a perfectly shaped eyebrow at me and waits for me to say something. I let the door slam shut hoping the noise will wake someone before she shoots me herself.

“I uh…I just came to the kitchen for a drink…” My voice is hoarse and comes out barely a whisper.

“So you were going outside for…?” She cocks an eyebrow at me while waiting for my response. I don’t say anything, and I stand in shock with my arms at my sides, feeling blood trickling down my left arm slowly, growing closer to my wrist every second.

“How far did you think you were going to get before you passed out from exhaustion? Before someone found you and brought you back? Before you caught hypothermia or pneumonia? Stupid girl.” She sneers at me.

I listen to her intently as I walk over to the cupboard in search for a glass, pretending to not care, but paying close attention to her words. Finding a glass I walk to the sink and turn on the cold water.

“We are hours away from any sort of civilization, and you think you can just waltz out the front door in the middle of the night, and survive?” The glass is full now, so I bring it to my lips, the cool liquid hits the back of my throat and the burning is cooled just slightly. I empty it quickly, taking small gulps so I don’t choke on it and start to fill it up again.

“You really are stupid. I wish he would just kill you already… Maybe I will save him the heartache and kill you myself.” I lean against the counter with a fresh glass of cold water in my hands and look at her. She has an evil gleam in her eyes and a sinister smile dances across her lips. She slowly steps towards me, letting her arms fall at her sides and swing as she makes her way towards me.

Click.

I look down at her hands to see she has cocked her gun. My heart rate picks up and my palms start getting sweaty. Or maybe it’s the condensation from my water glass. I bring it to my lips and take a small gulp, the cool liquid soothing my throat but it feels like my esophagus is still half way closed. I cringe at the thought of Oliver’s hot, firm grasp around my throat.

“He sure did a number on you, didn’t he?” I look back to her face and see her scrutinizing my appearance. Her eyes rake over my neck; I’m guessing that my neck is already showing tell-tale signs of Oliver’s attempt to kill me. Then her gaze moves to my arm, making the blood dripping down my palm even more distracting than before.

Anger flashes hot in her eyes as she looks at me, and before I can contemplate why she would be angry, she slaps me hard across the face. My glass drops out of my hands and smashes to the floor. I grab hold of the counter to avoid falling in the pile of glass at my feet. Sucking in a large breath of air I turn to stare the woman directly in the eyes.

“Oliver deserves so much better than you…maybe I’ll help him realize that once for all and end your pathetic life.” She sneers at me, obviously she finds me disgusting and pathetic. I mean to glare at her and return the venomous look, but soon I find myself staring down the barrel of her handgun.

My breathing stops in my throat and my heart starts to hammer against my chest, my pulse rising quickly. As I stare at her I wonder if she would actually kill me or not. Maybe she just likes to see me cower beneath her as much as Oliver does.

“Go ahead.” I challenge the blonde woman, and the sneer on her face is quickly washed off in surprise.

“What?” Obviously she didn’t expect this, which pleases me and gives me more courage to continue.