Chapter 21

dedication to lebbymahmood, thanks for reading, voting, commenting and fanning! :D

“Ok sleepyheads, time to wake up.” The young man’s voice pulls me from my dreams far too quickly. I feel like I have had my eyes shut for only ten minutes or so. “We’re here. Time to get up.”

Reluctantly I open my eyes. Its dark outside still and looking at the clock it reads 4:22 a.m.

I thought he said it was an hour’s drive… Scott is still snoring in my ear, so I gently shake him, a bad feeling starting to emerge from my stomach. Still slightly groggy, I try to gather my thoughts together.

“Where are we? This…this isn’t town…” I look around but all I can see is a couple of fields, a house and a ba-…Oh no…no no no!

“Scott!” I startle him awake and both men pull out handguns and point them at us.

“What the he-” Scott starts, but quickly stops once we realizes where we are. I see Oliver come out of the house, followed quickly by Mac, who slams the screen shut. We… we aren’t free…we are back here…why? Why can’t we just get out of here?

Both men storm towards the car as the men in the car get out, guns still pointed at us through the glass. I look at Scott and see his eyes mirror exactly how I feel. He pulls me into a hard kiss, his lips moving fervently against mine. Both of our doors open, and I am pulled from Scotts embrace, strong hands gripping my arm and almost pulling it out of its socket.

Once out of the car, I am quickly thrown to the ground and kicked in my side, making me gasp in pain. I roll on my back, rocks digging into my skin, and I see Scott being dragged into the barn by Mac. Oliver looms over me, glaring into my eyes, his own filled with an anger I cannot describe.

“Well done guys, you will be rewarded. Now head inside and get some rest.” Oliver dismisses the men who brought us here, and they sheath their guns as they head towards the house. Oliver looks back at me and crouches down on his haunches by my head. I quickly move into a sitting position.

“Do you realize what you have done, Madison?” Oliver asks me and I shake my head no. I tried to escape your evil arse, is what I wanted to say, but I know that would makes things worse. He cocks his head to the side and I hear Scott yelp in pain from the barn. My eyes flash to the barn in worry. They quickly return to Oliver though.

“Well, no need to worry, you will find out.” He stands up, and grabs my hair, pulling me along with him towards the barn.

Once we enter I see Scott is handcuffed once again to the pipe, and blood is dripping from his nose once more. Adam is standing by his chair, fists clenched. He looks at me and anger fills his eyes. From the looks of his face, he got blamed for our escape.

“Handcuff her.” Oliver throws me to the ground and starts to pace erratically. Mac walks over and pulls me up by my arm roughly, and drags me towards the pipe opposite Scott. , all the while calling me some nasty names under his breath.

Soon enough, I am handcuffed to the pipe and Oliver stands in front of me, Mac beside Scott.

“Well, I am too tired to do this now, Madison. So luckily for you and Scott, you have a couple hours to rest up for the day ahead.” Oliver gets right in front of my face before continuing.

“Don’t you ever, ever try to leave me again Madison.” He punches me hard right in the gut, causing me to keel over as my body reacts to the hard blow. Grabbing my face, he lifts it up and plants a kiss on my lips hard. Not filled with love or passion, more like as payback for Scott kissing me. He tastes of alcohol still, but now the sickening taste of tobacco lingers in his mouth as well.