39. Fangirlism is Incurable

Start from the beginning

I couldn't talk about the Marquis and Marquess with Ace in front of all the others. The others didn't know anything and it was meant to be that way.

But...It was weird.

Ace's memories were completely wiped away by that time-warping man.

So why, out of everyone in Greenwood Academy, did he notice the Marquis and Marquess?

I looked at Ace.

No matter how much I tried to help him regain his memories for the past few weeks...nothing worked.

Nothing...

Absolutely nothing worked...

This was the first...the very first time that I have ever seen Ace act as if he were close to remembering something.

It almost gave me a little hope.

This was good, right?

"I...I see...Yeah...I don't know why I asked that...I-I'm sorry for asking something so foolish..." Ace also forced a smile while folding his hands and averting his eyes away from me.

Shoot...

I messed up again...

I shouldn't have shot down his question like that...

"N-No...I didn't mean it like that, Ac-" I tried to say before the coachman of the carriage interrupted from the front.

"Excuse me for interrupting, but we're almost at the student drop-off area of the academy! I'll call a few guards to help you grab your bags and guide you to where you need to be!" the coachman yelled so we could all hear.

"Thank you, sir," Grey called out in reply to the coachman with a sigh.

"We're almost here, brat...so shut up and let me prepare myself mentally before I get swarmed..." Ash murmured as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Slowly the carriage came to a stop and I never had a chance to say anything to Ace...

...I'll talk to him later then...I guess...

Suddenly, the reality of the situation hit me.

I was at Greenwood Academy.

I was going to meet my mortal enemy who was also known as the heroine, Lilly, soon.

I was the future crown princess and my entire friend group consisted of male leads who had the possibility of turning on me in the future.

I was...scared...yet excited...?

I took a deep breath and the carriage door opened.

Grey left the carriage first to grab my bags with his magic and he was followed by Ace and Deux.

A royal guard stood outside the carriage door and held his hand out for me to hold onto as I stepped out.

I nodded my thanks to the guard and turned to face my fate.

Stares.

I could feel hundreds of eyes staring at me and the guys who came with me.

Was there something on my face?

Ash stepped out of the carriage after me and gave a small groan.

"Everyone will always keep staring. You better get used to it soon, brat," Ash sighed in frustration.

Wow...It looked like Ash was already used to all of this.

But...the number of people staring at us was making me slightly...embarrassed...