"Yeah. I'm happy that Tamara is finally connecting to her family. It really sucked seeing her at my house all depressed and what not. She thought her parents hated her guts. I guess it was just the heat of the moment," Jax said pulling me close.

  "Brendan!" squealed Tamara's voice. Jax and I both froze as we turned and it was him. Brendan was still here. I thought he left! He said he was only going to be here for a week? "I'm glad you were able to make it."

      "What the hell is he doing here?" Jax pondered.

   "I guess she invited him. I mean they were okay-ish friends right? Maybe he felt like a supporter for her shower. Maybe, hey, maybe he's only here to give her a gift then leave," I rambled. I was trying to make the situation better but I knew it wasn't working. 

         As long as Brendan and Jax are in the same area nothing is going to go smoothly. I still don't even understand why he's here? He could've left a long time ago. And it's not like he has many friends. Well, I think Hayley's a friend with benefits and if you count his grandma. 

  "Let's just make sure he doesn't see me. I'm going to hide like a coward in the bathroom. Please don't pick a fight," I pleaded with puppy eyes. Jax sighed but nodded as he watched me lower my head and speed walk to the ladies room. I mean it won't be that bad will it. 

       Jax's P.O.V 

   "Hey Jax!" Brendan chanted as he gave me a hug. 

 "How's it been?" I said gritting my teeth, " I didn't even know you were still  here."

    "Eh, wanted to spend more time with my grandma. And I kinda miss this place even though Canada is a very nice place," he explained, "where's your girl?"

        I saw a glint of mischief in his eye, but just ignored it clearing my throat.

  "At home. She couldn't make it because she's sick," I lied. 

     "I hope the little bitch gets better," he replied. I almost punched him in the face from the statement but brushed it off. I'm at a babyshower. Be calm, be calm. 

        Tamara had started opening gifts already. It's been half an hour and Toni's still in the bathroom. I can already imagine her scrolling through Instagram as always. I picked up my phone sending her a text. 

Are you ok? She's already opening gifts baby girl. You gotta get out of the bathroom sooner or later. 

   Toni's P.O.V 

        A text interrupted me scrolling through humor themed instagram pages. It was from Jax, asking me to come out. 

 "He called me babygirl," I gushed to myself. 

       But I refuse to leave the bathroom. Whenever Brendan is around is causes drama. I feel like Kady Harron in Mean girls sitting in the bathroom. 

      "Oh excuse me," said an older woman coming into the bathroom. I recognized her as Drake's grandma. 

  "Ma'am, when you finish your um...business. Can you get me some desserts from the table. About one of everything please," I asked. She gave me an odd look as she closed the bathroom stall. I heard just silence. That's when I realized what she was doing. 

        This old lady was about to. Take. A. Shit. 

        I'm going to die in this fucking bathroom without fresh air!

     "You know young lady, you shouldn't be sitting in the bathroom. My grandson is celebrating the fact he's having a baby with this girl. And you- ooh- you are just sitting there on the floor," she told me. 

  "My ex-boyfriend is out there miss. And him being here will cause lots of problems. As much as I'd love to get out I can't," I spilled. I didn't mind telling her my business. I want to make the best out of hiding in here. 

       "Oh to hell with that boy! I've had relationships and they were horrible. I'm single now and when I see those guys during Bingo oooh. It's a good life sweetheart."

  "I have a boyfriend. He's out there too. His vein on the side of his neck is probably about to burst any minute now," I joked," I sometimes wish I could go back to being single. I love Jax very much, but since I've met him I have a lot of drama in my life. But we stick together through thick and thin. Evil ex-girlfriends. Bullies. Evil ex-boyfriends. Ex-boyfriend's brother."

        I never said these things out loud before. It felt good.

      "Now let me tell you something. Love is weird and hard to explain. When I was with my husband I dealt with a lot too. I had to fight for him and we went through a long journey to be together. What I'm trying to tell you is, don't let these things bother you and stop you from being with the one you love. And that asshole that's here , well he's going to have to accept the fact you've moved on. And he should do the same."

     I stood up from the floor, and was ready to leave the bathroom with full confidence. Fuck Brendan. 

       "Wait, before you leave can you hand me some toilet paper!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      I grabbed a cupcake from the table and sat next to Jax, watching Brendan's face turn into a frown.

   "Toni? What are you doing here?" Brendan asked.

 "Enjoying a friend of mine's babyshower. Your reason for being here is...." I trailed on.

    "Tamara is a friend of mine too. I've come to support," he answered.

 "I don't know why. You guys didn't even talk like that. And you hated her. And may I also add again that you shouldn't even be here at all right now. You live in a whole nother country, but you're still here," I complained. 

     "Well I'm leaving tomorrow-"

 "Good, because the only person who wants you is Hayley and your grandma," I said with a sly smirk. He coughed awkwardly and walked out of the building. Maybe I was to rough on him, but I didn't want him ruining my mood. And I'm on my period so...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "I loved how you talked to him," Jax said kissing my hand. We had left the shower and were on our way home, " because you made him feel uncomfortable and what happened in the bathroom that gave you the strength."

  "Drake grandma who happened to be taking a shit in the bathroom."

      "What?"

  "She was like my guru, my master, she lead me the way and taught me all I needed to know."

      "Okay, so a woman taking a shit gave you all the answers," he laughed.

  " Hold on I just got a text from Presley," I said opening it. I felt tears build up in my eyes," it's not good Jax." 

        Sadly it's a short chapter but only because there's about 4 chapters left in the story then it's going to be the shorter sequel of Toni being in college. I thought this chapter sucked too, but eh. I love you guys and this story is almost at 200k reads that's amazing! Add my snapchat at awkwardzaria and I'm sorry my name sucks. I snapchat awesomely just saying you guys.