Chapter Two: Tuesday

Here's another glorious chapter, I really hope you enjoy this chapter. Welps, enjoy my Mutes.

Kitten Marie out.
*********************

Chapter Two: Tuesday

Sean's P.O.V

************
RECAP

The thought of all these people just watching made me feel sick, but I'd learned to never take it personally. They were, in truth, cowards just looking out for themselves at my expense. It's messed up, sure, but I guess this is the burden I must carry.

The price I must pay for being me.

It was in this moment that I'd been standing here with my eyes closed for longer than normal. Which is strange because, I have yet to feel a hit to any part of my fragile body.

I peeked through my eyelashes and gasped.
************

Another boy had pinned Aiden to the wall next to me and was yelling in his face. I shook my head in disbelief, tuning into conversation they were having.

"-but Will, he's a fa-." Aiden began, only to be interrupted by a punch to his temple.

I winced as skin connected to skin, you could basically feel his jaw connecting with the other man's fist, ghosting across your own.

"I don't care what he is," the other guy -Will- said, "that gives you no right to treat him like this!"

Aiden looked as if he wanted to argue, but thought better of it and snapped his mouth shut.

"Now you're going to leave him alone, and I swear to everything theolisized if I see you so much as look at him funny; I will not hesitate to...."

The rest of his sentence was whispered into Aiden's ear. From the way he paled, it's safe to assume the words that were being exchanged weren't ones of sparkly rainbows and ponies.

"Understood?" He demanded, pushing Aiden deeper into the sturdy wall of lockers.

After receiving a curt nod, Will released the fear stricken boy and turned to face me. I shrunk away, Aiden was now sending me a death glare that promised revenge. He turned and left soon after, shoving his way through a throng of students.

Even though all the action seemed to be finished, there were a few people still milling about to watch whatever else would happen. I turned my attention back to the man in front of me, suspicion and gratitude swelling in my cold heart.

"Are you okay?" Will asked, his brows creased with worry, his hand coming up to rest on my shoulder.

I tried not to flinch as he came closer, he's probably going to be disgusted if he finds out what I'm hiding behind all the foundation on my face.

"How many times has this happened?" He asked, fury burning in his ocean blue eyes.

Though his anger wasn't directed at me, I still winced under his scrutiny. His gaze seemed to soften and he gave me a small reassuring smile.

"We have a few minutes until we have to be in class, how about we go to the library and talk for a bit?" He suggested, hope sparkling in blue rays of heaven down upon me.

I don't really know what made me do it, not a single clue whatsoever. Maybe it was his breath tickling my cheeks, or his hand still on my shoulder. Perhaps it was his beautiful blue eyes that persuaded me; after all, they are as blue as blueberry flavored cotton candy.

It was probably the way he managed to let me lose myself in his warmth, his body heat surrounding me like a blanket. This is the reason above all as to why I didn't feel myself nod my head yes.

It could've been this particular reason why I didn't hear him yell at everyone to get back to their own conversations. It might have been the way he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the library that I didn't notice Aiden, hiding in the shadows with a sneer on his face.

Maybe I would've noticed him mouthing five words that would change my life forever.

"I will get you Carson."

************

"You never answered my question before." Will whispered, smiling at me from across the table we were currently residing in.

I cocked my head to the side and raised my brow in question.

He chuckled, "how many times has he...you know?"

I lowered my gaze to the tabletop, my tapping fingers suddenly very interesting. My thoughts wandered to the last time I painted my nails black. It seems like that was forever ago, the paint that is there now is chipped and looks like connect the dots gone wrong.

Suddenly, a hand was covering mine, my nails disappearing from sight. Next, a hand was ghosting my chin, a single finger lifting my chin up. I was soon eye to eye with Will, his face holding a look of genuine concern.

"Please Sean, I want to help you, let me help you." He pleaded, stressing the word help.

Anger bubbled up within me as I shoved his hands away. I slowly stood up and glared down at him.

"You just want to help me?" I scoffed, ignoring the librarian's sshh.

"Yes I do. Why is that so hard to believe?" He asked, scrunching up his forehead with a wounded look on his face.

"Seven years. He's been bullying me for seven years, ever since my tenth birthday when he found out I was gay. We used to be best friends, but he later decided that he couldn't be friends with a fag like me. I could infect him. I waited, hoped, for someone, anyone to help me, but no one did.

"Seven years I watched as people witnessed him beat me up in all of those stupid hallways. Seven freakin' years I wished I had had someone to come and stick up for me. For my prince charming to come to my aid like some damsel in distress. Then you came along....

"I don't know what your intentions are, or if this is some sick prank, but I'll be damned if I just let you hurt me."

By the time I'd finished my rant, my voice had dropped to a whisper, and I'd slumped back into my chair. Everyone in the library was stating at me, some with pity, others with disgust, but I didn't care. I was tired....so tired.

I glanced up and saw himself staring at me in shock, it was then it'd dawned on me, everything I'd said. My eyes widened and I threw my hands over my mouth. I can't believe I just said that. I looked up once more and realized he was still staring at me, his mouth agape.

My eyes began to water as I shot up in the chair and gathered my things. I ran out of the library and down the hall to my first period class, leaving behind a still gaping Will.

**********************
A/N: Wellz, there's your update, I really hope you enjoyed it. Welps, until next time, my beautiful mutes.

Kitten Marie out.