Chapter Seven: Bonding Time

Since, I've been taking forever to update, I decided to make this one exceptionally long, and I added an adorable little scene in here. Wellz, enjoy! :)

Kitten Marie out.
★★★★★★

Chapter Seven: Bonding Time

Sean's P.O.V

★★★★★★
RECAP

"You should've seen the look on her bony face. It was scrunched up in an ugly grimace of surprise, disgust, and resentment. I didn't even know people could have all those expressions formed into a single look. Her mouth kept opening and closing like a fish's, her whole entire body turned as pale as that of the color of Vitamin D milk. I was tempted to take a picture, but she fainted right as I took my phone out."

By then he was emitting a sad, watery chuckle, and I could see his shoulders beginning to spasm for a different reason.
★★★★★★

"Awe hun." I whispered, turning him around and tugging him to me.

He crashed into my chest, but didn't seem to notice the sharp impact.

"I-I....I'm f-fine, really." He tried, looking up at me.

I took in the sight of tears streaming down his face. His eyes were pink, matching his puffy tear-stained cheeks. Despite crying into my shirt, he's still trying to be strong.

"Hey, it's okay to cry. You don't have to pretend to be okay with me around. I won't ever judge you." I whispered, grasping his chin with one hand while the other hand rested on his hip.

He sniffled then nodded, knocking my hand away and nuzzling his face into my neck. I let out a silent chuckle and wrapped both arms around his waist.

"Sean?" He mumbled after a few moments of silence.

"Hmm?" I hummed in question, blowing on his hair.

"I-I'm not....o-okay." He whispered, glancing up at me.

"I know hun, I know." I kissed his forehead and held him tight to my chest.

"I....I don't know what to d-do." He mumbled, fisting the front of my shirt.

It killed me to hear him talk like this, it's like he's living my life, but maybe worse than I have it.

As I pondered this, I made sure he was secure in my lap before standing up. He remained silent, only letting out a quiet sniffle and the occasional sigh.

I shuffled to the front of the bed at the headboard and pulled the blankets back. I gently set him on the bed then climbed in next to him. I pulled the blankets over us and pulled him closer.

He immediately cuddled into my arms, once again burrowing his face into the hollow of my neck.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my chin on top of his, relishing in the feathery touch of his hair. This is weird, I know, but I can't help it.

After taking in a deep breath I whispered, "how about we take another nap, and then talk about later on? That way you can get some food and catch a breather."

He nodded, "mmm, sounds good."

Within the next five minutes, he was out like a light. I sent him a fond smile as he let loose a string of light snores and soft purrs.