Chapter Ten: The Project

"Hey! Do you hear me talking to you!?" Aiden yelled, pulling me forward and slamming me back into the wall.

I refrained from flinching as his nails grazed my skin and the back of my head bounced off the hard surface behind me.

"Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?" Someone yelled from down the hall.

"Shit." He cursed under his breath, "don't think this is over."

With a final slam, he threw me to the ground and took off in the opposite direction of my savior. I groaned and sat up, trying to catch my breath as a familiar pair of shoes appeared next to mine.

"Hey, love, sorry 'm extremely late. I got caught up in traffic and the office took forever getting me signed in." He rushed to explain, gently helping me up, "who did this to you? Was it Aiden? I'm going to kick that son of a motherfu-"

I stopped his rant with a gentle kiss.

"It's alright, I'm fine. I don't want you getting suspended because of me, okay?" I mumbled, putting all of my weight on him.

"Sean, I can't just -," he began, only to be cut off.

"You can and you will. Please just let it go, for me?" I whispered, looking up at him with wide, pleading eyes.

"Oh no. Please don't look at me like that." He groaned, shutting his eyes and pulling me closer to his chest.

I whined a little, smirking when he released a heavy sigh.

"Fine. I won't do anything to him this time, but the next time someone puts their hands on you, you won't be able to stop me from kicking some a-"

"Uh-hm," a deep voice cleared their throat behind us, causing me to jump.

I hid myself behind Will, peering over his shoulder to see Mr. Raven, our chemistry teacher, standing in front of us.

"Hey there, Mr. Rav, how's it going?" Will laughed, reaching behind him and grabbing onto my shaking hands.

"Pretty good, but aren't you two supposed to be in class? The late bell rang twenty minutes ago." Mr. Raven asked, an amused twinkle in his eyes.

"Actually, sir, we both have a free period at the moment. We were just leaving, right, love?" Will lied smoothly, not even batting an eyelash as he spoke.

I nodded, though I knew he couldn't see me. I hid my face in Will's back, sighing when he squeezed my hands.

"Right. I'll see you boys eighth period, yes?" Mr. Raven obviously didn't believe any of what he just said, but he didn't seem to care regardless.

"Of course." Will saluted, grabbing a hold of my hand once again and dragged me towards the school's exit doors.

"Well that was a lot easier than it should've been." I muttered, glancing over my shoulder as the doors slid shut.

************

"Eeoeo...." I finished, drowning in the beat to one of my favorite songs.

"Oh, where do we begin? The rubble or our sins? Oh, where do we begin? The rubble or our sins?" Will joined in, staring up at the afternoon sky.

"And the walls kept tumbling down, in the city that we lo-o-ove. Gray clouds roll over the hills, bringing darkness from above." I sang out, my voice never failing.

"But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like, nothing changed at all? And if you close your eyes. Does it almost feel like, you've been here before?" Will whispered, taking my hand in is.