Chapter Nine: Everything Changed

Sean's P.O.V

************
RECAP

Confusion settled into my gut as I was yanked around and onto my back, now pinned down by my shoulders. I looked up at him in askance, opening my mouth to question him when his lips descended on mine.

Bliss.

Pure bliss ran through my blood stream like cocaine up my nostrils, absolute ecstasy.

My arms wound their way behind his neck, pulling him impossibly closer to me. His arms wrapped around my waist, an appreciative groan filling my mouth as he held me tight.

He pulled away and set his forehead on top of mine, his eyes boring into mine as he gulped in boat loads of oxygen A small smile danced across his lips, watching as he kissed the tip of my nose with a smirk mirroring mine.

"I don't know about you, but I've been waiting to do that since I carried you into my room yesterday afternoon."
************

"R-really?" I asked, still slightly dazed from the kiss.

"Yeah." He whispered, bringing one hand up to up my burning cheek.

"Wh-why?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why what?" His eyebrow rose, disappearing into his choppy bangs.

"Why did you kiss me? Why did you want to kiss me?" I asked, emphasizing the word why.

"Ever since I first saw you, I felt like I would do anything to protect you. Obviously I did a shit job....We spent all this time together, I realized that I liked you a lot more than I wanted to admit to myself.

"With the fear of rejection in mind, I held back, but then you said all that stuff and I....I couldn't quite control it anymore." He whispered, pecking my lips once again.

A blush coated my cheeks as he sent me an adoring smile.

"Oh?" Was all I could manage to squeeze out, my lungs constricting.

"No matter what happens at school tomorrow, I don't want to keep us a secret."

His whispered words caused me to shiver, not only in fear, but hope too.

"You don't have to do this, you know?" I whispered, my breath hitched as he placed another small kiss onto my collarbone.

"I want to. You're too wonderful to hide, besides, your beauty would constantly make me forget that we're supposed to be a 'secret.'"

A blush spread across my cheeks once again, an embarrassed smile growing across my face.

"A-are you sure?" I stuttered, not entirely convinced of this.

"Hey, look at me." He whispered, lifting my chin with his forefinger.

When he was sure he ha my attention, he gave me a slow, reassuring kiss. After a moment, he pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"I've never been more sure in my whole entire life. You're absolutely perfect, Sean. If someone, anyone, tells you different, send them to me and I'll set them straight.

"I like you just the way you are, I never want you to change. No one will ever hurt you as long as I'm around. I promise."

Who knew he's never be able to keep that promise, no matter how much he thinks he can.

************

Monday

I took a deep breath as I stood at my locker, dreading every second the clock hands came closer to 8:00 am. Will told me to meet him here after he dropped me off at home last night.

'I hope he gets here soon.' I thought, wringing my hands as I continued to stare at the clock on the wall.

'Five seconds
'Til Hell begins
Four seconds
Shall he show and decide my end?
Three seconds
Hold my breath, or I cannot wait
Two seconds
This all leads up to my ever-changing fate
A single second too late
Now here they come,
Stomping across the hallways' floor....'

The bell rings as I hold my breath, my newest poem running through my head. People began to spill into the space around me, though none dared to get any closer than five feet.

Pain grew in my heart at their familiar rejection, even though I tried my best to wash it down.

'You should be used to this....It's really nothing new.' I thought, bowing my head and taking a deep breath.

I shuffled my feet from left to right, contemplating leaving school right now. My resolve began to crumble as one clicked on with no sign of Will. Just as I began to turn and leave, a large hand clamped down on my shoulder.

I flung around with a flinch, my head snapped up and came into contact with a hard fist. I let out an almost silent squeal before dropping to my knees.

"The fag finally makes a sound," Aiden chuckled, glaring down at me.

"Will might've scared off my friends, but I'm afraid you're stuck with me." He huffed, picking me up by my collar.

My silence was the only answer he got, nothing had changed at all.

Nothing....

***********

A/N: Welps, this is kind of a filler chapter. I haven't written anything passed this point, so I decided to upload this and write a bunch more. I hope you enjoyed this chapter despite it not being very long. Wellz, until next time.

Kitten Marie, out.