XXVII. AFTERWORD | DETAILS

Well, hello there.

First of all, I'd like to thank you for reading AGTLM! This book means an incredible lot to me, and I am so thankful to every single one of you that read this.

I've spent at least a year planning, writing, and listening to sad lo-fi music for this book, and although most of that said time was spent procrastinating, it was still an awfully long time.

This is the most dedicated I've ever been with an original book, as all the books that I've written beforehand were short stories.

The book has a total of 85,383 words, so congratulate yourself for making through all of those!

Before we get into the details of the book that you might've missed, here is a gorgeous piece of artwork made by one of my friends depicting Lucas.

(She's never read the book nor does she know the plot, but it's still scarily accurate to an extent.)

Now, here to tell you some details in the book that you might've missed

B A N N E R S

In the ending and starting banners of the book, you can spot minimal changes as the story progresses.

For example, from chapter 24 (Butterfly Weeds) all the way towards the end, the dog tag was absent since Lucas had placed it inside the envelope.

As for the ending banners, they had three varieties. Isabella with green, Nathan with red, and Lucas with blue. If you go back to chapters like chapter 16 (Her) and 17 (Him), you can see that even though the story was told through Nathan's perspective, the ending banners are separately green and blue, and not red.

This is because even though the chapter is being told through a different perspective, it has a focus on that specific character/that specific character is contributing to alteration on an idea/thought that the main character has.

C O L O U R S

As I've said before, the characters have distinct colours that represent them. It is also a big theme in the book, like the circle of chairs lined up in a colour wheel formation in the counselling room, and also the clothing of different characters.

In the story, Nathan's and Isabella's clothes are the only ones that alter in colour. Isabella for when Nathan and her first met as a reminder of Lucas, as she was wearing a similar shade of clothing that Lucas was.

Nathan's situation is a bit more complex. As the story progresses, if you read very carefully, you can actually spot that Nathan's clothes go from red, to orange, to yellow, and then to purple.

Now, this is because green (Isabella) and red (Nathan) are on two different sides of the colour wheel. As Nathan develops his feelings, his colour slowly alters and changes to fit with Isabella's.