Chapter 17- The Morning After

"Do you have a condom?"

I wake up and feel an arm underneath my waist, I turn around and see it's Zayn's. I remember everything from last night, every touch, every kiss and every move. I try to get out of bed without waking Zayn so I can make him breakfast, but when I remove his arm from my waist he puts it right back. I see him opening his eyes, he looks absolutely adorable in the morning. His hair is all messed up and fluffy, his eyes are barely open and his lips are pouty and pink. Just perfect.

"Where are you going love? Stay with me for a little while more." He says while looking at me with puppy eyes. I can't resist them so I decide to stay.

"Okay, but only a little while."

He kisses me on the forehead. I'm still not used to having a boyfriend and since he's my very first I find everything adorable and sweet.

"Gab," I hear someone whispering above my head, "breakfast is ready."

Did I fall asleep? It probably was too comfortable in bed for me to stay awake.

I turn around and get out of bed, my entire body is sore. I've never experienced this before, it hurts so much.

"Are you okay babe?" He asks, since he probably saw me having pain.

"Yeah, just a bit sore, that's all."

I soon realise I'm naked and try to cover my body, it's of no use because I only have my hands. Zayn chuckles.

"You do remember I have seen you naked, right?" He says while handing me the shirt he wore yesterday. I chuckle as well and put the shirt on, I can still smell his cologne in it. It's the most amazing scent in the world.

We are sitting at the dining table in the kitchen, the food smells amazing! I hear my stomach making noises.

"So.. You know how to cook?" It's actually pretty hot to know he can.

"Yeah, a little bit. My mum taught me when I was younger." He said while looking back at me.

His mother taught him how to cook? He didn't mention her yesterday. Weird.

"So, why didn't you mention your mother yesterday? Are your parents divorced?" I never mention my father to anyone either, so maybe that's why he doesn't mention his mother.

"Ehm, no my mother died five years ago. She committed suicide."

It hit me like a bomb, I should've thought of tbe possibility of her not being alive. I'm so stupid!

"Oh my god, that's so sad. I'm so sorry, do you want to talk about it?"

I don't handle these situations very well. I should practice what to do with these kind of situations..

"It's okay, I've made peace with it and I don't really want to talk about it." He said rather blunt. I think I hit a nerve, I definitely shouldn't ask him about his mother again!

We just finished breakfast, he made us scrambled eggs, toast and tea. He probably did some grocery shopping as well. I'm pretty sure we didn't have any eggs or bread.

I can't get what happened last night out of my head, I don't just mean when it happened, but also the conversation we had about his family. I still haven't asked him about Caitlyn... Should I, though?

I don't want to ruin this perfect morning, although I already kind of did by asking him about his mother, but I also don't want to worry about it any longer.

"Zayn? I was on the phone with Caitlyn the other day and I was pretty sure I heard you on the other side. I thought you didn't know each other?" Way to make it sound like I'm a pathetic girlfriend. I kind of am, though. I spoke fast so I could just get it out. I hope he doesn't make me repeat it, because I really can't.