:: 5 ::

Harry Styles. Harry Styles. I hadn’t spoken to him since our very, insanely drunken shag months and months before and wow, he was an absolute stunner. His hair was much longer than I remembered, and he seemed to be more muscular, but he still had that same genuine smile on his face and I almost forgot I’d come here to have dinner with Ben, who happened to be quite subpar compared to the beautiful man who was standing to pull me into a hug. “You alright?” He asked, his husky voice sending shivers racing through my body. “It’s been a while, but you look amazing, Lucy. You really do, love.” I nodded just as someone grabbed my arm and a flash blew up in my face. 

“Hey, Lucy! Shall I wait by the washroom in case you can’t hold your caviar down?” I wanted to vomit as the pap’s words registered, and not in a bulimic way. How could someone be so horrifically god-awful that they’d throw someone’s disease back at them, just in order to snap some pictures?

“Why don’t you get out of here, mate? Your mum clearly hasn’t taught you any manners if you think it’s acceptable to speak to someone that way.” Harry surprised me as he spoke up and very clearly stepped in between the photographer and I. The creep said something back at us as he was hurriedly ushered out, but I couldn’t quite catch it. “Don’t let it get to you, Lucy. He’s just trying to get a rise out of you, okay?” He had no reason to defend me the way he did—the way he was doing and it was quite endearing.

“Mr. Barnes, Ms. Robinson, your table is ready.” The hostess broke up the moment all too quickly and I found myself waving goodbye to the other four boys before giving Harry a real smile. 

“Thank you, Harry.” I was surprised at how fragile my voice sounded, but he smiled and gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

“Welcome, love.” Ben pulled me away and I took one last look at the stand-up man I’d just walked away from. He offered a warm smile and a light wave and suddenly, I was running into Ben’s tall frame. Of course, our table was only a few feet from their’s and Ben happened to choose the seat where his back was facing them, while I was left to steal constant and very subtle glances at the emerald-eyed work of art.