:: 23 ::

We were both exhausted. It had been a long day of trying to fight off paparazzi and fans…it was weird though. Lucy was seemingly completely unaffected by it all. She was smiley and lovey and adorable. She seemed happy, which made me happy. “Dinner in?” I asked as I wound my arm around her neck, pulling her into me. 

“Yeah…I’ve had about enough of the craziness for today.” She pulled her phone out and opened the camera. It wasn’t until she snapped picture of our knees side-by-side, the rips in our jeans matching up, except her thighs were much skinnier than mine. I watched as she typed up an Instagram post saying ‘we’re the bee’s knees, I reckon .x’

“We are aren’t we?”

“I think so, yes.” I pressed a kiss to her temple and then turned my head out the window, watching the London streets pass us by. It had begun to rain and I knew the snow wasn’t far behind. “We’re going to your place?” I nodded.

“Certainly don’t trust you to cook, baby.” She pretended to be hurt and I laughed. “Anything special you’re in the mood for?”

“What about, like, a tofu stir-fry?!”

“That sounds delicious. Mum bought me a wok last month and I haven’t gotten to use it.” 

“Perfect. Then maybe we can play board games or something?” God, this girl.

“We can do whatever you want, Luc.” Primrose Hill’s surroundings came into view and I knew we were only about a mile from my house.

There weren’t too many paps out front, definitely less than normal, which was nice, still annoying, but nice. 

“Can I spend the night?”

“No, Lucy…don’t think that’s a good idea. Sorry.” She took me seriously for a few seconds until she saw my amused expression. 

“I totally thought you were serious, Harry! That wasn’t nice!” We stepped out of the black Range Rover once the front gate was closed and I picked her up bridal style.

“I’m sorry, baby.” Her lips met mine and I smiled into her mouth. “Please, stay the night?”

“No. Not after that, you wanker.”

“Baaaby!” I whined and unlocked the door with one hand before carrying her inside. “Please?” I set her down on the kitchen counter and slid in between her thighs. 

“No.”

“Please, Lucy?” She quirked an eyebrow, hands coming up to caress my hairless cheeks. 

“Are you going to be mean?”

“Never again, no.”

“Promise?”

“Swear it, my love.”

“Then I’ll probably stay.”

“Probably?”

“Yes, Harry. Probably.”

“You mean definitely?”

“No, probably.”

“How can I make that probably a definitely?” My thumbs circled the bare skin underneath her sweater and I felt goosebumps arise. 

“You can’t.”

“Lucy, tell me what to do!”

“Nope.”

“I’ll do anything.” I made sure my frown was extra pouty and I watched as a smile made it’s way onto her face. 

“Anything?”

“Anything. Tell me what to do and I’ll do it.”

“Tell me I’m the only girl for you. And mean it.” Easy. But the dick in me decided to play this game a little longer. 

“Oh…well…m’not sure I can do that, babe.” Her face fell again and I couldn’t stand it. 

“Bye.” She hopped down and tried to get away when I pulled her back into my arms. “I’m leaving.” She tried to look serious but a ghost of a smile was on her face. 

“You…” I cupped her face in my hands, green eyes locked on green eyes. “Will always be…the only girl for me. Just you, my love.” The conversation was taking a turn from joking to completely, one-hundred percent serious in a matter of seconds. “My feelings for you, Lucy…” I trailed off and stepped away from her, raking my hands through my curls. “They’re…I can’t even…” She just stood there. Looking like a Disney princess in black jeans and my sweater. Lower lip between her teeth as she watched me struggle. I love you. I wanted to say it but even I knew how utterly crazy that was at this early point in our relationship. “I don’t even understand them, Luc. I don’t know what to do…I can’t tell you how strong they are, but I can tell you how real they are. They’re realer than anything I have ever known.” Her eyes glistened with tears and I knew that she hadn’t been here before. I knew that this was new for her. “You…Lucy Robinson…you’re my girl. And m’not letting you get away. That’s a promise.”

“You’re something else, Styles.” She wiped the tears away before they had a chance to fall from her emerald eyes. 

“I’m nothing without you though, so Lucy, baby…stay the night? Please, stay the night.”

“You win this round.” She laughed and stepped forward, my sweatshirt bunching up in her fists as she held me.

“If I have you…I’m always going to win.” She giggled into me.

“Alright, cheeseball. Enough. You have me. I’m here. No need to butter me up any more than you already have.”

“I mean it. I’m quite lucky, I reckon.”

“Hush up, Harry.”

“Never.” I nuzzled my face into her warm neck as she laughed. 

“My beautiful, beautiful girl…”

“Harry…”

“Be mine?”

“I am yours.” 

“You have to tell me I’m the only guy for you though…” She pulled away, face bright and happy. “Can’t be worrying around, you know…”

“You’re the only man for me, Harry Styles. Don’t want anyone else.”

“No?”

“Nope. At least for right now…” She managed to escape my grasp and I hurriedly chased my giggling girl down the hall and when I caught her, I threw us both on the bed, tickling her until tears were streaming down her face. When I figured she’d had enough, I kissed her. Her laughing subsided as our tongues played around together, and when her hands roamed up underneath my sweatshirt, I couldn’t help myself. She was just—she was everything. She didn’t even know it. She had no idea how much she meant to me, but I intended to show her.