Epilogue.

Epilogue — 2 Years Later

I smiled on as I watched Harry and Dwight chase each other around the large green lawn, he giggled like a little boy, though he was truly a twenty-four year old man. It was a picturesque day. The French sun was beaming down on our little family, our growing family, and the diamonds on my ring were gleaming. A wedding was in the near future, though we were in no rush…life was good. Everything was good. We were good—no we were fantastic. Better than fantastic. He finally seemed tired out as he neared, hands on his tattooed hips. “He’s going to sleep like a rock tonight…” He nodded in agreement.

“So am I.” His lanky body plopped carefully down on mine and his sweaty palms flattened against my noticeably sized bump. “V’gotta measure today. It’s Sunday.” I ran my fingers through his slightly shorter hair, the wetness dampening my hands.

“It is, isn’t it?”

“Mhm…” We both watched Dwight flip his tennis ball around, making up his own game.

“Do you think we’re bigger?”

“A little, yeah. Barely though. You’re so skinny though, I think we’ll be able to see it more clearly.” I was only eighteen—well nineteen now—weeks in. The initial reaction was one of many trying parents. Happy. Happy. Happy. Joyful tears fell as we held each other. We’d already picked France, and then our decision to stay throughout the pregnancy, or at least most of it, was easy. Our little countryside cottage was the perfect place to shack up. Our friends and families planned on visiting at different times, but for right now, the three of us were happy just being the three of us. 

“You’re probably right.” I hummed, continuing to comb through his tangled curls. 

“You feel okay though, yeah? Need me to get you anything?” Shaking my head, my lips met his forehead.

“I’m okay.”

“You look so pretty.” He gazed up at me, head now in my lap. 

“Stop it.”

“No, you do. You always do.”

“Thank you. Did you put sunscreen on today?” He shook his head lightly. “Your cheeks and nose are pink.”

“Oh bugger.” I loved his deep chuckle, the one that came out when he was in a lazy mood. The lethargic one. 

“You could at least pretend you care…” His lips came up, pressing underneath my jaw. 

“Does it bother you that I don’t?” His fingers aimlessly played with the hem of my—his—Stones tee. 

“A little bit, yes.” His green eyes moved back to watch Dwight.

“Then I do.” I ruffled his curls and intertwined my other hand with his free one. 

“Silly boy…”

“Have you thought of anymore names?” Last week we’d found out it was a girl.

“No. Don’t want to…don’t want to jinx it.” His smile was soft, loving, admiring.

“I agree. Besides, we’ve got time, yeah?” I nodded. “A good five months, I reckon.”

“Hopefully.”

“We’re gonna be parents.”

“We are…”

“You’re gonna be a mummy.”

“Mhmm…”

“And me…m’gonna be a dad.”

“You’re going to be a great dad.” I hummed honestly. I knew he would be. He’d been so excited, everyday since we found out. He was going to make me proud.

“Can’t wait…just to think…five months and there’ll be four of us. Five months and we’ll probably get no sleep. Five months and we’ll be parents.”

“We’re already parents, I think. The pregnancy is a big part and so far…we’ve done alright.”

“We have, yes.” He cuddled closer against me. “Five moths and we’ll have to have another mantra.”

“But for now…” He smiled, pressing a chaste kiss to my lips. 

“Our mantra is that I love you.”

••••

I'm very sad. I'm crying. I'm incredibly happy. This has been one hell of a journey guys. I'm so fücking honored that you've followed me and enjoyed (hopefully) Lucy and Harry's story. We're a little over 40K reads and I can't even describe how happy that makes me. I know it may not be a lot but, lordy, it feels amazing. Mar and I are in the process of thinking up another story but I want to get a few chapters written before uploading it. So as soon as I have it ready, I'll let you know through Mantra. So don't archive or delete this one just yet! 

I love you all so much and I just want to say thank you, thank you so very much. 

TALK SOON, swear it. x

Twitter: vous_aimer21

Email: gypsy.lips@aol.com

Inbox me, message me on twitter or whatever! If you have any story ideas or if you'd like to be a character or something...email me! I'm super friendly guys and even though I work a fulltime job, I'll make sure to respond to each and everyone. Again, loads and loads and loads of love.

Em.