Beautiful Monster - A Klaus Mikaelson Fan Fiction

Who’s that chick?

It was a warm autumn day in the little town called MysticFalls. Though her reasons for coming hear were like the sun’s course around the earth, impeccable and everlasting, she did not quite know what had driven me to this town. Maybe it was the knowledge that her ancestor, who had been the key to unlock the door to immortality, was sacrificed here or simply the fact that she passed the little town on her way down south.

Her sky-high heels clicked on the stone pavement as she strutted her way through the streets of this pathetic little town. The trees wore colorful red, orange and yellow leaves that blew in the wind whenever a light breeze would hit them. Autumn was her favorite season; not to cold; not too much sun; just mediocre weather that let her heightened senses be.

A mouthwatering smell filled her nose, steering her towards a little café on the other side of the road. She followed the sweet scent and stepped onto the asphalted road and was startled by a loud honk, paining her ears. She didn’t even notice the red car that was able to hit breaks, separating its nose from her legs with only a few inches. Angrily she slammed her flat hand on the hood of the car, causing the middle-aged man that was sitting behind the steering wheel to jump in surprise.

“Watch out prick!”, she yelled and gave him ‘the finger’ before storming towards the little café. She pulled her leather jacket and swept her long brown locks out of her face. Game time.

Estella strutted to the bar, glancing provocative at the people inside. Some did not notice her; others dropped their forks in horror. One teenage boy even dropped his glass of soda onto his lap. She smirked, knowing people were intimidated by her attitude. It always pleased her to be seen as superior. Humans were weak after all. They were easy to mislead and the perfect prey.

“Whisky”, she said looking deeply into his eyes. Her pupils dilated and the man was brainwashed. “I already paid you.” Still smirking she sat down at the bar and grabbed the drink from the bartender. He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes in curiosity and triggered her to snarl at him. When he jumped in horror, she chuckled and took a long sip of her drink.

“You must be new here”, a low male voice said. The stool next to her got pulled back and a tall dark man said down next to her. His black hair contrasted his pale skin and his eyes were a shade of the lightest blue.

“Nice jacket”, she said eyeing the leather jacket that clung to his buff arms. The man was very attractive and definitely interested in her, or else he wouldn’t have made the first move. He lifted his hand at the bartender and pointed at the whisky that was already half empty. The bartender tried to focus on the glass but could not help glance at her again. He looked like a scared puppy running from the big bad wolf.

The man chuckled, having noticed the guy’s reaction. “So where are you from?”, he asked staring at her intently. He was not at all intimidated to say the least; she kind of liked the full attention she got from him. At least he was truly interested in an answer, unlike many others whose eyes wandered off to different places than her face.

“Anywhere and nowhere actually. I’ve travelled the world, seen it all.” she said sounding kind of dull. All those years she had spent travelling the world had been a waste of her time and life. Never had she found what she was looking for or more specific, who she was looking for. “It’s less glamorous than it sounds.”

“Trust me, anything is better than this godforsaken town”, the man said taking a sip of his glass, while leaning on the bar with his elbow. He turned his head to look at her and smirked. Estella got the feeling that he was looking for more than just a nice talk at a bar after all and cut the conversation off. She wasn’t planning on satisfying him, not today. She had something much more important to do and could not use any distractions.

“It was nice meeting you leather jacket”, she said, getting off her stool. “But I gotta go. I’ve got some important business to do.” The man smirked as he looked over his shoulder. She shot him a seducing smile and flicked her hair over her shoulder as she pulled her leather jacket again.

“You know where to find me”, the man winked and took another shot of his glass.

Estella left the little café hip swaying and crossed the road again. She looked back one more time, memorizing its name: the Mystic Grill. Good whisky, she thought and shrugged her shoulders, walking away.

Estella spent her day wandering around the town to, searching for indications. She had two names, Damon and Stefan Salvatore. They were crucial in finding the one person she had been looking for the majority of her long lifetime: Katerina Petrova. 

Warning: It's a slow story. I take just as much time to develop my character as her eventual relationship with Klaus. That being said...ENJOY THE ROLLERCOASTER THAT IS...my story :)