Seeing The Reality

Hiccup was riding on a bus, heading to The Square to meet up with Astrid. Normally, he would avoid taking the bus to and from school at all cost, but because he left the school at around 12:40pm, which isn't the time school would end, there weren't any students on the bus, making it quieter than usual, so he took an exception.

He was sitting at the back of the bus, quietly reading his book from yesterday, while occasionally looking out the window, watching the scenery of trees and small buildings pass him by. The journey to The Square only took about 10 minutes before he got out. When he did, he saw Astrid, standing behind the bus stop, facing away him. It looked like she was on her phone, so she didn't noticed him at first. He walked up to her and hesitantly tapped her shoulder, which made her turn around and a smile came upon her face.

"Hey, you made it." she exclaimed, putting away her phone that she was using.

He hummed in response before asking. "Why are you in The Square anyways?"

She chuckled. "I was hanging out here with my friends. They went their own way afterwards and I thought, 'why not bring Hiccup over?'"

"How... thoughtful?" he questioned. Astrid just gave a light punch on his arm and they both began heading to the main part of The Square, where most of the high street shops were located, along with restaurant and cafes. Hiccup was once again walking behind Astrid, following her to the café she was talking about. When they entered, it was clear it was different to the one they went yesterday. While that café had a roomy feel to it, this one resembled more of a fancy restaurant, with its red and black colour scheme and leather seats.

"Why not go to a restaurant instead?" Hiccup asked confusingly.

"Because it's cheaper here, of course." Astrid exclaimed, sounding like it was an obvious answer. Hiccup just shrugged his shoulders as they walked to a table that were located near a window.

"I did want to go to a restaurant since it's part of my bucket list, but I don't have enough money, so a fancy restaurant-like café seems to suffice." she further explained. They sat down, sitting opposite each other like yesterday. They picked up the menu in front of them, deciding their meals and made their order to the waiter walking by. Once that was done, Hiccup took out his book and continued reading it to himself.

"'The Search for The Dragon's Eye'" He looked up as Astrid read out the title of the book. "You're into fantasy books?" she asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. "You could say that." he said, before looking back down. As he did, his mind returned to what Fishlegs said to him.

"Are you and Astrid dating?" The idea was still absurd to him, but he also remembered he was supposed to ask Astrid about it. He sighed as he looked up again. 

"Umm... are you aware... about the rumour... about us?" he asked. She looked at him, confused at first, but then her face lit up as she remembered.

"Oh! About us dating?" she asked for confirmation. Hiccup nodded. "Yeah, my friends were asking me about that. But I just said we were just hanging out, getting to know each other. Which is the truth, by the way. But... if that rumour means they won't know the real reason, then I'm OK with that."

"Are you?" Hiccup asked. Astrid looked surprised at his question and even he realsied was surprised at asking it, but before she could answer, there was a loud bang coming from the window they were sitting next to, which made them jump. They turned to see what or who made that noise. Standing at the window outside was a girl around their age. She had green eyes and long, black hair was braided over her shoulder.

"Heather?" Astrid exclaimed surprisingly. Heather had a confused expression on her face, which turned to concerned as she walked away, heading to the entrance of the café.