Chapter 7: The Long Trip

Teardrop hissed in pain as Loser pressed a warmly-soaked cloth against a scrape on her knee. "Stop moving please," Loser whispered. "This is why you don't go climb trees!" Loser chuckled. "Look, I was curious- something was up there-.." Teardrop murmured. "Im sure there was. And hey, Gelatin's nose has a scar now. Do you know anything about that?" Loser asked. "No, what happened to that weird Leaf though?" Teardrop sounded held back. "Oh...she's..been hiding away...or just sitting in a flower field for hours..crying. Whenever someone got close to her, she'd run away and her sobs would echo. She-she looked..hurt..." Loser looked down. Teardrop gave a reluctant snort. "She's probably fine...." She rested her head on Loser. "But that's not the Leafy I or anyone else would know," Loser muttered gingerly, looking around for her. It feels weird being mean to Loser. Am I even being mean? "Anyways Teardrop, pack up. Four is taking us to a hidden base in the Evil Forest, ooo.." Loser chuckled, getting up and walking away.
      Teardrop hadn't needed to pack anything, really. Just herself. She hopped onto the bus and sat next to Firey, Loser was up front talking to Four and X. Four was muttering, though. Gelatin went onboard with a whole bunch of forks, he sat next to Donut, shooting Teardrop a glare. Teardrop scoffed, her eyes narrowing. She caught Gelatin whispering to Donut, his eyes blazing in menace. Teardrop looked over at Leafy, she was sitting in the back of the bus, all alone, staring at the ground. Teardrop smiled, the bus beginning to move.
      "Can I have the window?" Teardrop looked at Firey. He sighed, grasping onto a small bag. "Sure.." He switched with her. Teardrop gazed at the little bag, thoughts buzzing through her head. What can be in there? Theres nothing that us objects really need. Lollipop's understandable, she has a bag of fork repellents! Gelatin didn't even bring a bag, just took a handful of forks and went.  Teardrop sighed, placing her hands on the window. Many huge trees loomed over them, a long river running alongside them. There wasn't much but just landscape after landscape..
       Firey's snores lifted into the air, Teardrop turning to him. He was sleeping peacefully, not only that, but he dropped his bag. Teardrop cautiously looked around. Good, nobody cares.
        She reached into Firey's bag and opened it fully. Roaming through it, all she found was a box of donuts, a box of cupcakes, some opened cookies, a pocket knife and.. a drawing of Leafy? Why would he have this! No! He is supposed to hate her! They hate each other!  Teardrop softly growled, sliding it back into his bag. It was a small drawing but very detailed. Wow, he even drew a heart by Leafy. Do you love her or hate her dumbass? She closed the bag, sulking. After all this time I thought you would have been on my side, but- I guess not. You like Leafy, but you also hate her. Siri, play I hate you, I love you for this man to make his fucking mind up. But he probably won't cause he's a dumbass. Teardrop slammed her fist into Firey's rib. He let out a pained yelp, jolting awake. The bus filled with laughter.